• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Periodicals

jamiemaw

• 2 weeks later...

The magazine said something to the effect of "for the food adventurer". I think it might have been the first issue. It also had a website, allegedly offering a free subscription. I live in Florida, and I'm not in the food biz (lawyer). I'm sure if I saw something offering a sample magazine about food, or something, I would have filled it out. I do subscribe to Saveur and Gourmet - I don't know if they got my name through those, or not.

It was a pretty cool magazine, and I'm very frustrated and surprised I haven't been able to track it down. Thanks for your help and reply.

Hmmm, Scott, I don't know that I can offer any help, particularly if it is a national US publication (you received it in Florida, I'm assuming?). Or did you receive it through a Western Canada address?

Laura Fauman

Vancouver Magazine

• 1 year later...
Vikram Vij writes a terrific cookbook review in my favorite magazine - 'The Art of Eating" - which has been awol from my mail box for many months.

I was also really happy to see both the Art of Eating and Vij's review in the mailbox. I find it interesting (a little funny perhaps) that he praises the cookbook for not offering wine pairings with Indian food and not having photographs of the food. It's a short review and those are two of the few things he pulls our for comment and they are in direct contrast to his own approach and book.

Its been said many times, many ways...but The Art of Eating is my most anticipated periodical. Its one of the few moments in my life that make everything else stop until I've finished the whole thing, and then I go back in read it a second time - not something that I really have time to do.

• 1 month later...