• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Quiznos Subs

lesfen

It's a major national fast (or quick) food chain--the expectation is the key. To me, Quizno's is significantly less mediocre than their competition.

That's all I expect from them--to be somewhat less disappointed then I would be at Subway.

And the Classic Italian is the way to go. Cut the dressing in half so that it moistens, but you can't taste it too much.

Fred Bramhall

A professor is one who talk's in someone else's sleep

I've only had one Quizno's sub - in an AIRPORT. I had the Italian, and it was actually pretty good, considering. Then again - maybe I was just enamored with the set-up - the sub shop shared a space with a bar, so I sat at the bar and had a cold one and waited for my sandwich instead of standing in the long line. Plus I was ravenous and a mite "buzzy" by the time the sandwich came.

That said, it's GOT to be better than "Sub-par-way"!

Nikki Hershberger

An oyster met an oyster

And they were oysters two.

Two oysters met two oysters

And they were oysters too.

Four oysters met a pint of milk

And they were oyster stew.

• 4 years later...

For a fast food-type sub, I like Quizno's a lot, for their generous portions and good-quality ingredients. Even though it's only a half-mile from my house, I usually buy my sub untoasted, with lettuce on the side. Then, when I'm ready to eat, I do it up for 6-7 minutes at 350 in my toaster/convection oven and add the lettuce at the end.

'Cause they are toasty subs!!

Beware of paper cuts!

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

We went and had our free subs the other day--I had a Honey Bourbon Chicken Sub--it was decent--had a whole grainish roll, the sauce was not too bad, some tomato and lettuce--and i didn't feel sick afterwards--which I usually do after fast food.

The Hub and I agreed that we will look for Quiznos when road-tripping and only fast food is available.

Went to the webpage, they've already given away 1,000,000. They say to check back later.

too bad--the guyat Quiznos said they'd had a lot of customers with coupons--I hope they do it again...

Z