• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Melt: Naming, Planning, Preopening

glenn

how about "The Melt Shop"

thats sort of a variation on "Malt Shop". And technically, you are offering ice cream as well.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

how about "The Melt Shop"

thats sort of a variation on "Malt Shop". And technically, you are offering ice cream as well.

Hmmm... interesting. How 'bout "Melt Factory?" And of course, have a warehouse chic decor.

Hmmm... interesting.  How 'bout "Melt Factory?"  And of course, have a warehouse chic decor.

you have to be kidding me with this new quote/reply stuff at the bottom and the post and everything.

anyway, "melt factory" sounds like a cheesy dance club. excuse the pun.

speaking of cheesy, the Meltcheese Fountain.

a ridiculous play, of course, on words of a Bogart movie. the lowest form of humor. and one that i practice every chance i get.

Edited by tommy (log)

How about.. Meltique?

I like Melt Shop though. It implies melted stuff and also milkshakes.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

tommy, don't mince words please.  And it's better than MELTSHAKE!  I forgot to bestow the worst name award for that one.  ungrateful glenn

Thanks very much. Where's my prize?!?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Oh, I think Meltcheese Fountain was FAR better than mine!! :wink:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

I do like Melt Shop. I like Glenn's Melt Shop better. But I think I'll stick with Melt if I end up in a stodgy office building and consider something else if I'm on JC's famed and defamed restaurant row.

Glenn's Melt Shop sounds really good, it has sort of 1950's ring to it.

Oh no, I'm trying to stay far away from retro! After all, I'm a modern man ;-0.

And tommy, no, but you can call me cheese louise. I should change Anabelle's name to Louise so I could use that one.

Oh no, I'm trying to stay far away from retro!  After all, I'm a modern man  ;-0.

And tommy, no, but you can call me cheese louise.  I should change Anabelle's name to Louise so I could use that one.

Haven't you heard? Retro is the new Modern.

a ridiculous play, of course, on words of a Bogart movie.  the lowest form of humor.  and one that i practice every chance i get.

You should keep practicing. Maybe eventually you'll get good at it.

Sometimes When You Are Right, You Can Still Be Wrong. ~De La Vega

I like Melt Shop though. It implies melted stuff and also milkshakes.

I agree, I like Meltshop. It's not stuffy and it's clever and it's descriptive!

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

glen I just saw your request on the NY board for info on pickles and chutney..it seems that the store is a bit more "gourmet" ( I hate that word) than I perceived from this thread, and so I am going to vote for MELT.

Chez Cheese

I think this one is hilarious...You can make the logo a picture of a cow with a giant tongue drooling over a grilled cheese sandwich, slurring his speech while having his picture taken. Oh, and he should be drunk...and surly...

Wait, drunk, surly, slurring speech...sounds like me anytime I go out with Tommy.. :biggrin:

:raz::raz:

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

Actually, the Morristown store used to be Cest Cheese, not Chez...