• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cleavage Creek

Rebel Rose

Mayhaw wrote:

am hoping to go to the French Laundry in November and my wife was concerned about wine pairings. Now I don't have to worry.

Should go well at the French Laundry. My biggest ever disappointment as a much touted restaurant. They would be a perfect match.

Best,

Mike

Did everyone miss this?

"10% of the proceeds benefit breast cancer research"

To me it's worth purchasing a bottle or two.

Edited by Really Nice! (log)

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

Did everyone miss this?

"10% of the proceeds benefit breast cancer research"

To me it's worth purchasing a bottle or two.

I'd rather make a donation directly to the foundation, and not throw money away on dreck.

I wonder which is more tasteless: the wine or the label.

Guess you can't get it by the glass, only by the cup.

Charles a food and wine addict - "Just as magic can be black or white, so can addictions be good, bad or neither. As long as a habit enslaves it makes the grade, it need not be sinful as well." - Victor Mollo

The label guys are a funny bunch. I have had large numbers of labels rejected over the years for one reason or another (mostly technical) although I made a bunch of beer for Anne Rice one year for a very large Halloween Party she used to have annually and she insisted on calling the beer Vampire Blood (in fact, it was amber lager). Now I was sure that this would get rejected out of hand, but they didn't even squawk. On the other hand-Turbodog- took some serious work, as the BATF said that we were implying that the beer was very strong and that is not allowable under BATF rules, as beer is under certain limits of alcohol in certain states and they hate it when people imply that it is strong. We countered with the example of Coors Turbo 1000 Malt Liquor, which is exactly what Coors was implying with that name, was getting away with it and why couldn't we. Oddly, they decided that we were right and they let us proceed.

THere is one other little known fact about labeling. If you use a label service, which is basically a guy that walks the label through the BATF, you have a much, much higher chance of getting dodgy labels approved. I suspect this is because these guys seem to be largely ex BATF agents, but I don't really know that for sure.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

• 2 years later...

Quick update:

I just received two sample labels and a business proposition from Cleavage Creek. Their concept is still for sale for a mere $150,000. Dan said we could use my cleavage for free. I told him the price had just gone up. :laugh:

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook