• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

what is your most simple, yet delighful drink

I was at a mates house (Lynnford), and there was a distinct lack of ingredients, and ice. yet I can up with the following...

Lynnford's Cocktail

3 shots of Millers Gin (yes, a slight overpour!-)

1/2 shot Monin Vanilla Syrup

3 shots of Chilled Still Water

Add to glass (without ice) then stir. Drink. No Garnish.

I liked it!!!

George

Glengettie tea, milk and sugar. a perfect combination. The most popular tea in Wales.

Or as it says on the packet:

'Hefryn yng Nghynmru cry cenedlaethau'

Mae'r cyfuniad o flas arbennig ac ansawdd wedi gwneud Glengette yn ffefyn yng Nghymru er blynyddaoedd tawer.

:biggrin:

Edited by naguere (log)

Martial.2,500 Years ago:

If pale beans bubble for you in a red earthenware pot, you can often decline the dinners of sumptuous hosts.

Gin, tonic, lime. :)

I'm a purist.

My wife enjoys my "chocolatini"

4 parts vodka

1 part creme de cacao

1 part triple sec

1 part kahlua

Garnish with a Hershey's kiss.

Personally, I think it's disgustingly sweet, but if you're into that sort of thing...

My "most simple, yet delightful" drinks have only two ingredients, but I offer them anyway.

Red & White

1 part sweet vermouth to 1 part dry vermouth, stirred with ice and strained, straight up

Amaretto & Lemonade

Healthy shot of Amaretto over ice in a tall glass; fill with lemonade

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Bourbon

Mint Simple Syrup

Bitter Lemon Soda

Dubbed the "Bitter Belle" :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Campari, soda, and a slice of orange.

Every time I take my first sip of a well made Campari & soda, I'm pleasantly surprised by just how good it is. The trick is, I think, to add enough soda and then to stir it well - this brings out the full range of flavours in the Campari rather than just the bitterness.

eclipse, i like the way you think.

ain't nothing wrong with the universe that sparkling wine can't fix.

speaking of which, i'm catering a cocktail wedding reception. the bride LOVES gin, so i need something elegant yet festive, yet not punch. any ideas?

she's korean and loves the cuisine of such, so i may run with that eclipse cocktail...

ain't nothing wrong with the universe that sparkling wine can't fix. 

speaking of which, i'm catering a cocktail wedding reception.  the bride LOVES gin, so i need something elegant yet festive, yet not punch.  any ideas?

There's always the French 75:

Shake 1/4 oz each of gin, Cointreau and lemon juice over ice and pour into a chilled champagne flute. Top with champagne.

Ok maybe not elegant but a lot of fun and quite tasty:

Siberian Fireball (the cause of several lost nights)

2 oz. Stoli Crystal

1 oz. Rumple Minz Peppermint Schnapps

Ice

Dash Tabasco

Shake vodka, schnapps and Ice.

Strain into Cocktail glass

Float a drop of Tabasco

Enjoy the Ride

Tobin

It is all about respect; for the ingredient, for the process, for each other, for the profession.