• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sewanee/Monteagle, Tennessee

Varmint

I'm going to a function at the University of the South over Labor Day weekend, and we've rented a house in Monteagle. We'll go out to eat one night and will cook dinner for about 16 folks another night. I need suggestions of where to shop and then where to eat. Can anyone help?

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Okay, Tana, now you have gone and found yet another place for me to add to my vacation roster! This place (Adams-Edgeworth Inn) looks like something well worth trying even for the drive from Atlanta involved ... thanks for the "find"!

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

You may also want to track down the Dutch Maid Bakery in Tracy City if you have a bit of extra time. The place dates from the early 1900's and is effectively a working museum (or was when I was last there). It is also the only place I know that makes Salt Rising bread...

EDIT: Scratch that. Apparently the bakery closed earlier this month and is now up for sale. See story here: Dutch Maid Bakery

Edited by pogophiles (log)

Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it.