• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recommendations for Nightclubs in Philly

shelly59

I would love some recommendations for night clubs for two 30 yr old male friends who are coming over here from Scotland.

Although they are a couple, the clubs needn't be "gay" just cool. They travel all over the world ( They are coming to Philly AFTER spending a week in Goa, India and the previous week in Ibiza!!!) and so are somewhat sophisticated. I do not go out much so I have't a clue... :rolleyes:

They will be staying in town...

Much thanks..

Fluid is supposed to be good (for prog house, tech house)

but you should ask on Maneo.com or if I can toot my own horn, Rhythmism.com. Those are nightlife message boards.

-MJR

�As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy, and to make plans.� - Ernest Hemingway, in �A Moveable Feast�

Brooklyn, NY, USA

Kinda off the food topic but....

Philly doesn't have any clubs that can compare to Goa and Ibiza.

2-4 is a gay club that plays house and techno. I think it has a different name now, but it's generally consistent.

Shampoo on certain nights? It's pretty much the last remaining mega-club in Philly.

Deco is a del ave. bar/club that opens until 3. I've been there once, and it was pretty dancey. You need a membership.

Fluid/Aqua Lounge I guess has good music. Both are small.

L'Etage (above Beau Monde) is a really cool and beautiful looking bar.