• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Outdoor Dining

sgschef

Blue Moon on Kinderkamack in Woodcliff Lake? has outdoor dining. Also The Porter House on Kinderkamack in Montvale and lastly Panera Bread in Woodcliff Lake on Chestnut Ridge Road are three that immediately come to mind!

I'll miss these when we move from NJ to the DC area once we sell our home. But I'm sure there are plenty down there. :cool:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Varka in Ramsey, Brady's in Ramsey, Roxanne's in Mahway, the above mentioned 3 in Allendale, Panera in Ramsey(overlooking the parking lot...) Railroad Cafe in Rutherford used to have it...haven't been in a while.

Dana

There are a bunch of places in Ridgewood. I think Blend has a back patio, La Piazza has a nice front/side patio, IT's greek to me has a nice front patio, part covered and some tables on the street. and I am sure many others up and down Ridgewood Ave and the side streets

Passed Porchlight Grill in Midland Park last night and they have expanded their outside dining area.

Sorry I know this is not regarding outside dining but since you mentioned Porchlight - I did not look to see if there was a thread on Porchlight.

I was at Porchlight last night with my husband - It must of been an off day for them - the beer was not cold (which for me is a huge no-no) and I ordered the pot roast since the waitress said it was very good - I was in the mood for comfort food. Well the pot roast itself was ok but the gravy, I can only say it smelled like dog food, so gross -- I think it was half real and half jarred. It kind of ruined the meal for me.

They are pretty hit and miss but this was really a huge miss. I have had pretty good meals there also so I am not discounting it for the future but with that gravy it will be awhile before I go back

Edited by Deldino (log)

• 1 year later...

As I did last year, I'll bring this thread back to the top for another summer.

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

Slightly afield but worth a mention is the extraordinarily-situated Harvest on the river in Hastings-on-Hudson. Just over the TZ bridge, the setting in the gardens (where they grow veggies to use in the kitchen) is magnificent.

Just sitting in the garden, looking at the boats on the river, is a peaceful experience. A special garden menu includes sandwiches, personal pizzas, salads, and special small plates. All washed down with a glass of wine, this is a terrific way to spend a couple of hours on a nice afternoon or evening.

http://www.harvest2000.com/hoh/

• 2 weeks later...
Slightly afield but worth a mention is the extraordinarily-situated Harvest on the river in Hastings-on-Hudson.  Just over the TZ bridge, the setting in the gardens (where they grow veggies to use in the kitchen) is magnificent. 

Just sitting in the garden, looking at the boats on the river, is a peaceful experience.  A special garden menu includes sandwiches, personal pizzas, salads, and special small plates.  All washed down with a glass of wine, this is a terrific way to spend a couple of hours on a nice afternoon or evening.

http://www.harvest2000.com/hoh/

Just looked at the web site and it looks great!! :smile: I plan on going when I get back from Europe! What did you eat?? Did you go for lunch or dinner?

Lori

Just looked at the web site and it looks great!!  :smile:  I plan on going when I get back from Europe!  What did you eat??  Did you go for lunch or dinner?

I recommend sitting in the garden, where they have a small special garden menu. The interior or the patio menu is overpriced and not a good value, IMHO.

In the garden, you can enjoy salads, personal pizzas, and some special small plates. (This menu not on the web site). It's not a really serious meal, but the ambience is so wonderful it hardly matters. A glass or 2 of wine helps alot, too!

• 9 months later...

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP! :biggrin:

Any new spots to add this year?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

if you're looking for a good burger and beer outside, the Dutch House in Fair Lawn put a great porch out front last year. Pork Store meat in the burgers, and ice cold beer. What could beat it on a hot night?

if you're looking for a good burger and beer outside, the Dutch House in Fair Lawn put a great porch out front last year. Pork Store meat in the burgers, and ice cold beer. What could beat it on a hot night?

Tommy, please report to the principal's office...Tommy... :laugh:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."