• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spaghetti and Meatballs

SobaAddict70

I make baked spaghetti similar to baked ziti. I make a batch of tomato sauce (with or without meatballs, you can also do a meat sauce). I boil spaghetti as usual and mix it with some cheese so that it melts. With a 1/2 pound of pasta I use 1 1/2 cups ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, sometimes some feta or provolone. Mix up the type of cheese to your liking. I then spread a layer of tomato sauce in a 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" pan (for a full pound of pasta use a full size casserole pan), spread out half the pasta/cheese mixture, pour on more of the tomato sauce, the rest of the pasta, then top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup grated parmesan and/or romano. I use 2 1/2 to 3 cups of tomato sauce for 1/2 lb of pasta.

thanks i will definitely try this! the hub likes spagh but i like ziti so this is a perfect compromise for us both ty again-bloo