• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[SEA] "superchefs" at Northgate

From the Northgate Mall web site:

Guess what’s cooking at Northgate Mall on Saturday, August 28th?

It’s Simon Super Chefs Live! A free, all-day culinary extravaganza, featuring live cooking demonstrations, wine seminars, great merchandise and more.  Hosted by multiple Emmy® Award winner Bill Boggs.

Seattle food fans will be up close and personal with NICK STELLINO, one of today’s most popular TV chefs, during Simon Super Chefs Live!, and watch as he prepares some of his specialties – live.

Cooking demonstrations by popular local chefs, sponsor pavilions, celebrity cookbook sales, custom event merchandise sales, and culinary activities with participating retailers and restaurants will round out the day’s activities.  Audience members will also have opportunities to “meet and greet” the celebrities and obtain autographs.

And because nothing goes better with great food than great wine, you’ll be able to learn how to pick the best wine for your plate and your palate.

Then, it’s the Simon Super Chefs Live! Cookoff, presented by Oster® Products, where two Seattle food fans will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to assist popular local chefs in a live-action on-stage cooking competition.

Don’t miss Simon Super Chefs Live! – on Saturday, August 28th, 11:00AM - 4:30PM only at Northgate Mall. Brought to you by Simon™ malls and Oster®.

I just hope that Nick doesn't start talking about his imaginary restaurant....

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

I just hope that Nick doesn't start talking about his imaginary restaurant....

In his imaginary Italian accent. :laugh:

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

We went to this today. It started about 30 minutes late. Nick was walking around shaking hands with his "people."

It started with Philip Mihalski of Nell's Restaurant making a White Corn and Dungeness Crab soup. He said he'll post the recipe on his Web site. We're making it tonight.

Then some guy from Food Network came on stage and we lost interest. :sad: Someone handed us a schedule and we didn't see room for the other local chefs so either they cancelled or the schedule was wrong.

Was anyone else there?

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera