• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thali

BBhasin

Here is a wonderful piece on Prasad's seccond venture Thali II.

Thali

Congratulations Prasad. I am salivating simply reading about the selections on your buffet. If Monica would organize an egullet outing to this place I would be the first one to sign up.

Has anyone been here yet?

I better go the cut and paste route

http://query.nytimes.com/search/article-pr...75BC0A9629C8B63

Edited by BBhasin (log)

Bombay Curry Company

3110 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22305. 703. 836-6363

Delhi Club

Arlington, Virginia

If Monica would organize an egullet outing to this place I would be the first one to sign up.

One of the major disadvantages bein smack dab in the middle of nowhere...costs a a bundle to get anywhere from here...

On the wrong coast, as well...sigh...Guess I will just have to live vicariously with everyones glowing reports...

Bhasin: Thanks for your generous comments. First, I should apologise for not being part if the team for last few months. I was totally involved with the new Thali 2 and the reward was lot sooner than I thought.

Thanks Monica, Anil and Mongo jones for all your support and PM'S. I promise I will take part from now on. I must admit i do miss egullet a big time.

Anil: I am still looking forward to seeing you at thali 1.

Bhasin; I try to go out of may to promote Indian cuisine in general and the restaurant Thali. This brunch at an incredible price if $13.95, probably cought the eye of this reviewer and since she mentioned the price and the best Sunday Brunch in the State of its kind, my every Sunday is become like Mother's day madness. Line out there.

lot's on the brunch, for example this Sunday Brunch

Mix greens and frissee (Passion fruit and sesame rice vinaigrette dressing)

Cumin roasted / grilled eggplant, zuchini, green tomatoes.

Coriander and basil cold pasta salad.

Cashew rolls,

beer battered mushrooms filled with alu chat.

Makhni Seekh kabab

Nargisi kofta malai

galinah Xacutti

Jinga Manchurian

Asian noodles with spring vegetables

Alu paraval

Sukha gobi

Bengali dahi baigan

Sunheri bhindi

Dum murg Hyderabadi Biryani

Kalmi kabab (Spicy chicken Wings)

Sambhar

Masala Dosa, Uthappam, Pesarattu and Alu tikki Station

Bhel and Pani puri station

Bagar Rice Pilav

Upma

gaulab jamun, shrikhand, gazar halwa, gourmet rice pudding and lots of fruit.

Hope to see you some time in the near future.

Mongo Joes: What do I do with my identity if and when there is a Third Thali or Thali 3 ????

Prasad2

Prasad2 - its great to see a wonderful menu that showcases regional specials from all over India - when I am in your neck of the woods, I would love to stop by and eat. Good luck.

Raghavan Iyer, CCP

Winner of 2004 IACP Award of Excellence (formerly Julia Child Awards): Cooking Teacher of the Year

2003 James Beard Awards Finalist for Best International Cookbook - The Turmeric Trail: Recipes and Memories from an Indian Childhood (St. Martin’s Press, 2002) -

Betty Crocker’s Indian Home Cooking (Wiley, 2001)