• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How come I can't get drunk

hillvalley

Vodka is my poison. Rum is a very close second.

A few weeks ago during a girls night out (I am too tired to create a link, just go to the DC page) I noticed that despite the large number of cocktails we consumed I was not feel drunk. You know, the dizzy headed, thoughts are a bit too slow, feeling no pain, saying things I shouldn't to Frenchmen kind of drunk.

I thought it might be due to some meds I have to take and sucked it up.

This past week while on holiday I spent four days consuming my two poisions on an hourly basis (just about). But I still felt way too in control. I just wanted to get drunk.

Then I was introduced to my new friend Jack and Diet Coke. Ahhhhhh, my intoxication took just one drink. The rest of the evening I was feeling no pain.

So how come my new friend can intoxicate me but my old standby's won't :sad:

Except for when I am on holiday I do not drink that often, maybe once a month or so (unless there are eGers involved, but that is another thread), so it's not like I am drowning my sorrows on a regular basis.

Will my old friends ever be able to work the magic that Jack does now? How do I get it back?

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

Sounds like an I.V. would work better for you.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

So how come my new friend can intoxicate me but my old standby's won't :sad:

You need a personal trainer. I'm fully qualified and my fees are low.

:wink:

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Let me detox from this week first and then we'll talk. I expect the educator's discount.

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe