• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy quail eggs in Seattle?

I think I saw them Saturday at Pike Place Market, not in the market itself, but across the street (on the side with Starbucks). They had chicken, duck and quail. It is the place that has the empty ostrich egg shells. Sorry I don't have the name.

Almost any SE Asian grocery should have them too, and for very cheap. A dozen costs less than $2 usually. And while you're there, buy some actual quails...around here, I buy 6 for $6 from the freezer section (right next to the blue chickens and stewing hens).

regards,

trillium

I think I saw them Saturday at Pike Place Market, not in the market itself, but across the street (on the side with Starbucks). They had chicken, duck and quail. It is the place that has the empty ostrich egg shells. Sorry I don't have the name.

The delightful Pike Place Market Creamery (owned by the equally delightfully named Nancy Nipples) stocks quail eggs plus duck, ostrich, goose, and specialty chicken eggs.

Here's their entry from the market site:

PIKE PLACE MARKET CREAMERY

Hours: Monday – Saturday 9 am – 6 pm, Sunday 10 am – 5 pm

Address: 1514 Pike Place #3

Phone: (206) 622-5029

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

The delightful Pike Place Market Creamery (owned by the equally delightfully named Nancy Nipples) stocks quail eggs plus duck, ostrich, goose, and specialty chicken eggs.

Here's their entry from the market site:

PIKE PLACE MARKET CREAMERY

Hours: Monday – Saturday 9 am – 6 pm, Sunday 10 am – 5 pm

Address: 1514 Pike Place #3

Phone: (206) 622-5029

Hey, I was there on Saturday too! I picked some up for Malarky. She made a quail egg, red onion, creme fraiche, caviar pizza. :rolleyes:

They are 30¢ each. You don't have to buy the typical 6 or 12. You can buy one if you want. They'll line a regular chicken egg carton with paper towels amd place them inside for you.

Someone told me that Uwajimaya also carries them for a bit less.

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

I think University Seafood & Poultry, in the U-district, usually has quail eggs (or at least that is what I think I see out of the corner of my mind's eye).

Oh that is just down the steet from us, I will stop in and check! thanks!

• 2 months later...
Just bought some there last week for $0.30 each. Will be stopping in to buy more on Fri so don't buy them all foodie-girl!! Leave some for the other foodies!  :raz:

**** Thanks laurel and LMF...I'm not doing the dinner just yet...but want to get my ducks, er quail, in line as far as finding all the ingredients.

Try stores in the International District, such as Lums Seafood. They are also available at both, "Ranch 99 Markets", in Edmonds or Kent delived fresh daily at about 1/2 the price.

Irwin

I don't say that I do. But don't let it get around that I don't.