• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fin

smayman

I'll go against common wisdom and say that I had a perfectly decent meal at the bar at Fin a few months ago. I can't remember exactly what I had (something simple like soup and a crabcake perhaps?), but I remember leaving being pleasantly surprised. I had actually stopped in last Tuesday to say hello to the GM (now posting on eGullet), but they looked pretty busy, so I left that for next time.

Cheers,

Rocks.

The Mrs. and I ate there about two months ago. It was perfectly decent, but so uninspiring that we both agreed we wouldn't return. It's been so long since we were there, but the examples of the lack of inspiration include the wine list. Very tame. Very pedestrian. Nothing that makes you want to jump out of your seat. I recall choosing a sparkling wine by the glass, perhaps Columbia Crest, which was their best offering.

The meals were the same. There was no harmony between the fish and its counterpart sides on the plate. I'm sorry I'm not more helpful, but it's just been too long since I was there. It surely won't kill you if you go, but you'll likely walk out saying...ho hum.

In an aside, I tried to do a search here on Fin before we went, but because it only has three letters, the egullet system wouldn't allow the search.

In an aside, I tried to do a search here on Fin before we went, but because it only has three letters, the egullet system wouldn't allow the search.

I had the same problem! Very frustrating.

Edited by smayman (log)