• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Going to Nashville for business

txaggie

Hi,

I'm going to Nashville for work this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I usually stay near Vanderbilt University and West End when I travel to Nashville so I'm familiar with the restaurant scene on that part of town. This time, I'm staying in Downtown (on Commerce Street) and I'd like recommendations in/near (within walking distance) Downtown.

The most recent issue of National Geographic Traveler mentioned 12 Avenue South as a neighborhood to watch in Nashville. The magazine described this neighborhood as "a bohemian blend of clothing and home shops, restaurants, and galleries." This neighborhood would be ideal since it's a few blocks from Downtown. Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in this area?

Thanks,

Binni

As pogophiles pointed out, you really can't go wrong with the Hermitage. It's a lovely adventure in good dining. For something a little more down to earth where the food is still excellent but not too fussy...try Cafe Margot, on Woodland St., across the river in East Nashville. Though, not within walking distance it's a very, very short cabride. It's definitely worth the pittance you'll pay the cabbie....the chef changes her menu very frequently depending on what's around and what's good.

Bon appetit!

"Champagne was served. Emma shivered from head to toe as she felt the iced wine in her mouth. She had never seen pomegranates nor tasted pineapples..." - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

• 3 weeks later...