• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Creme brulee/Tartelette Molds

paul o' vendange

Hello all - remaining outfitting of my kitchen, need to find a source of (approx. 75+ each) creme brulee molds and tartelette molds, trying to hold the line to below $4 each.

Sizing: On the brulee molds, looking for wide shallow molds, 6" x 1", not standard ramekins; on the tartelette molds, ideally looking for plain sided, 5" x 1.5" or so.

Ebay is a wash, not found much on Fantes, Pastry Chef, abestkitchen, JBprince, Ace mart, or other usual suspects. Kitchen opening in a matter of weeks, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais

have u been to Michaels arts and crafts yet? last time i was there i noticed they had some..though i thought it was an unusual place for them...also try world market if you have them where you live...they are kind of like pier 1 but slightly different...still a good place to shop though and if i remember correctly they were in the price range you are looking for.

Edited by ladyyoung98 (log)

a recipe is merely a suggestion

I have purchased mine from Big Tray

They have 4 dozen for 141.00 which works out to less than $3.00 each.

shipping is reasonable.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Thank you both. Lady, couldn't see anything quite right on World Market, but thanks for the heads up; Andie, great call - Big Tray's quiche is perfect (ironically, just bought from them a few days ago - completely dropped off my radar map to look there). Now, just looking for the tartelette molds...

Thanks again,

Paul

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais

Try this place for the smooth tartlette molds though they may be smaller than you want.

here

I have bought bread pans from them and brioche pans but never any of their little molds or pans.

I also buy rolled fondant from them when I need a large batch and know I won't have time to cook up my own. They carry a quality product at a fairly reasonable cost.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Thanks Andie, yeah, a bit smaller than I am hoping for. All - still looking for a small pie or larger tartlette mold source, ideally 5" x 1.5" smooth. Thanks.

Paul

Edited by paul o' vendange (log)

-Paul

Try this place. Plain high side cake pan non stick, scroll down to the 5th item.

They range from 4 inch, 4 3/4, 6, etc. and the latter is 1 7/16 inch high.

I just thought of the disposable molds that I use for little cheesecakes and for fruitcakes here.

I get the M155D size - These hold up nicely. The price is certainly right.