• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

artisanal bakery in HNL

tooearly

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long. Yup, I have in fact moved to New York--our apartment is within the free delivery radius of both Dean & Deluca and Balthazar Bakery... And, we are just a few blocks up from Sullivan Street Bakery, a few more blocks away from Murray's Cheese Store, one block from Arturo's Pizza, etc, etc. It is pretty amazing.

Chris is still busy packing in Honolulu, but will probably head out here sometime next week. When my internet connection is a bit more regular, I'll try to keep the blog more up-to-date.

-Emily

PS: My biggest surprise so far, by the way, was finding Bubbie's ice cream in Dean & Deluca. It was pretty neat, and I am looking forward to weather just cool enough for it not to melt on the walk home.

----------------------------------------------

Emily in London

http://www.august18th2007.com

Aloha Emily - Glad to hear from you! I'd looked up your site a few weeks ago just after you

had updated on your new adventure. Much luck to you and Chris, enjoy the city and your

schoolwork. It was fun to meet you last April at lunch. Keep us informed!!!! A hui ho...... :biggrin:

"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"

Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

Go for it Emily - sounds like you'll have a lot of opportunities to soak up "bread culture" while you're acing though the NYU program. If you're in Politics, say hi to Bruce BDM - he wrote a blurb for one of my books, so he may remotely remember me. . .

Waiting for the wood-fired bakery will just make us more hungry once it comes about. Hope also to hear about Chris' adventures in the NY culinary scence. . .

Take Care,

Sun-Ki

Sun-Ki Chai
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~sunki/

Former Hawaii Forum Host

• 1 month later...