• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

'Digestive' biscuits

rlibkind

Carr's Tea Biscuits are one of my favorites...usually have no problem finding them at King's, or even Stop & Shop or Shop Rite. They're sometimes in the 'fancy' cracker section if you can't find them in the cookie aisle.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

My favorites are McVite's (sp?). I get them in the "International" section at Stop and Shop. Love them! And they also come chocolate dipped on one side in milk chocolate, if you're feeling saucy. YUM!

"After all, these are supposed to be gutsy spuds, not white tablecloth social climbers."

In Red Bank you might want to check out Wayne's market on West Front street across from the Downtown Cafe. If you want a much wider selection of such products and are willing to travel a bit you should check out Delicious Orchards. It is about a 10 mile drive west out in Colts Neck on Rt.34. I can spend hours in that place just wading thru all the produce, cheese samples and exotic food products.

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

I'll second Wayne's market for that kind of stuff, and I could live at Delicious Orchards! If you're feeling brave you have to go on Wednesday as it is "sample day" there, but be warned you will have to fight off hordes of senior citizens! (my parents are regulars :wacko:

Get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!!!