• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Brick Oven

dbrociner

Taking over in the spot where Fantastico and Gabe's Grill recently were is a new restaurant called the Brick Oven. The sign says its their third location. They've been doing major renovation to the building. Does anyone have info on their other two locations? Please post.

Thanks.

Actually the Brick Oven is NOT a chain. It's a family owned and operated restaurant with locations currently in Millburn and Westfield.....actually the location in Millburn is no longer called Brick Oven, but it's the same family and menu. From what I understand the one in Florham Park is expected to open the week after Labor Day (early to mid September).

Smells like a chain, looks like a chain, well.......... must be a f***in chain.

Blehhhh!!!

I would have thought you of all people would refrain from such absurd statements. I'm sure being a restaurant owner yourrself that you know how difficult it is to build a reputation.

You don't even know the facts and you're already posting negative comments on this establishment.

You might want to reconsider and actually EAT in the restaurant before commenting on it.

"Who made you the reigning deity on what is an interesting thread and what is not? " - TheBoatMan

My apologies. Boat man, you are correct, I should have waited before commenting. I don't mean to qualify myself as I shouldn't have posted without facts, but noting the time of the post I had just finished working 14 hours.

Mea cupla, mea culpa.

Edited by Lreda (log)

there's a place called the brick oven that opened in sparta in may. they aren't a restaurant but a take out place. they are stretegically situated just as rt 15n dumps onto 181. haven't tried them but here's their website: http://WWW.BRICKOVENtakeout.com.

wonder if they are related?

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

My apologies. Boat man, you are correct, I should have waited before commenting. I don't mean to qualify myself as I shouldn't have posted without facts, but noting the time of the post I had just finished working 14 hours.

Mea cupla, mea culpa.

The real reason Lou hasn't made it into Zagat. :smile:

David, you in addition to most of the egullet members that know me should know that I love to pontificate about the restaurant business. Sometimes, I might spout off before I have all the info. As far as Zagat's, Fuck em'.

• 4 months later...

Finally made it to the Brick Oven in Florham Park for lunch last week and have only good things to say. I had a pannini sandwich made with pork, spinach and roasted peppers topped with a small amount of shaved cheese, romano? Service was good and the price was right, $6.99. Room smelled from the wood burning oven in the corner and not in a bad way. Will go back soon and report again.

Edited by dbrociner (log)