• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fatburger opens in Jersey City (and West Nyack)

glenn

The JC location seems to be as popular as ever. Having some free time on my hands for once, I decided to check it out again to see if I was a little harsh in my initial assessment. The answer is a resounding NO. Maybe this locale is different, but they do not make their burger anything but crisp. I just don't get it. The staff has also lost much of its enthusiasm since they first opened and (thankfully), my ear plugs can be retired - their decibel level when screaming out the order to the cooks has dropped about 50%. The wait was still inordinately long, not quite 15 minutes but close.

There was a review in the Star Ledger about 6 weeks ago for Fatburger. I believe they indicated they only cook their burgers well done. Other than White Castle or similar burgers, I like mine medium rare. A regular burger well done has no taste for me save the condiments. Does the fatburger have any taste?

Ridiculous is an understatement suzi, whatever you do don't go to the mall on a weekend, especially over by Target, 40 million people and it's just going to get worse BTW I've now left Target and am a Team Lead at Dick's Sporting Goods right next door. On a food aspect try Panera Bread next to Petsmart absolutely awesome if not just a little overpriced.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites