• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Some Rocky Mountain beers

JAZ

We tried a few new (to me) beers while on vacation, a couple of which are worth mentioning.

I finally tried Moose Drool brown ale (brewed in Missoula MT). Good solid beer, very drinkable, not too complex. Light bodied for a brown ale.

I had not heard of Bitch Creek ESB before, but that was probably the best beer I tried on the trip. Brewed by Teton Brewing in Idaho, it's very well balanced, with the hops apparent but not dominating.

I had not heard of Bitch Creek ESB before, but that was probably the best beer I tried on the trip. Brewed by Teton Brewing in Idaho, it's very well balanced, with the hops apparent but not dominating.

i went up bitch creek without a paddle once--remember it distinctly.

I finally tried Moose Drool brown ale (brewed in Missoula MT). Good solid beer, very drinkable, not too complex. Light bodied for a brown ale.

How ironic! I just came back from a weekend in Idaho and brought home a few Moose Drool! Considering it was the darkest beer available for me to purchase, I kinda liked it (I usually prefer stout and really dark beers).

Then I did a search to see if it had ever been mentioned and here you are!

Not very complex, true -- but tasty in 100-degree weather when something more substantial than a Bud is desired.