• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Glass ceramic cooktops

fifi

I recently upgraded from the Dacor 36" electric glass cooktop to the 36" Wolf induction glass cooktop, and am totally in love with it! Over the past two years, I've been upgrading my pots and pans to Viking stainless, and they are a perfect match, as are the LaCruset cast iron pots and skillets. Someone sells a flat cast iron adapter with a wire handle that will let you use non-magnetic pans, and I use that once in a while with a copper pan.

Note that not many pans are magnetic, and this can add up fast in an upgrade - 13 Vikings are $$$.

Full disclosure: I did break a Dacor cooktop by dropping a 1.75 l. bottle of Grey Goose about five feet onto it, and it caught the corner. It still works, and although the glass can be replaced, it was cheaper to buy another Dacor used on eBay. I have two Dacors for sale (g).

Repeat, we LOVE the Wolf induction. No heat from the cooktop :wub: at all.

Any questions, fire away.

Carpe Carp: Seize that fish!