• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Toliver

Toliver

On 12/2/2017 at 2:20 PM, MSRadell said:

It must be a regional thing because they still have them around here.

Yes, this. 

I remember the too-short time when Costco used large plastic bags for your groceries when you checked out. I loved the bags They were far better than the bags you would get from the "regular" grocery stores. They had the bags in my mom's Costco where she lived. Yet they never appeared at my local Costco. Eventually they were discontinued at my mom's Costco.

It turns out Costco has regional managers who determine what is sold/used at area Costcos. That's why there are differences in Costcos, from gas prices to the Polish dogs being served (or not being served). 

Personally, I would complain loud, and often, for them to bring the Polish dogs back. You can't be the only one who misses them.

The annoying squeaky wheel gets the grease. 9_9

edited to clarify.

Toliver

Toliver

On 12/2/2017 at 2:20 PM, MSRadell said:

It must be a regional thing because they still have them around here.

Yes, this. 

I remember the too-short time when Costco used large plastic bags for your groceries when you checked out. I loved the bags They were far better than the bags you would get from the "regular" grocery stores. They had the bags in my mom's Costco where she lived. Yet they never appeared at my local Costco.

It turns out Costco has regional managers who determine what is sold/used at area Costcos. That's why there are differences in Costcos, from gas prices to the Polish dogs being served (or not being served). 

Personally, I would complain loud, and often, for them to bring the Polish dogs back. You can't be the only one who misses them.

The annoying squeaky wheel gets the grease. 9_9