• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooks and Books Visiting Chef Dinners

...and the story about some guy in a lamé thong teabagging everything in sight. Or something like that..

See!?! I'm not the only one who does this! :raz:

Wonderful event indeed. Thanks to all very much!

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

I'm still recovering from the hug I got from Tony! But Marlarky was the big winner of the evening.....she got a kiss :wub:

Last night was a great event. It was fun to see everyone (I think there were 24 eG's there, not including Judy) and Brasa did a great job of accomodating a very social crowd. Thanks to all for putting it together.

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

So did anyone go out with Tony afterwards?...

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

***Uhhhhhh no, little ms foodie that's an incomplete answer!  We'll need more VIVID details..... :laugh:

Yeah, like what's between thighs and breakfast????

:laugh:

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

***Uhhhhhh no, little ms foodie that's an incomplete answer!  We'll need more VIVID details..... :laugh:

Yeah, like what's between thighs and breakfast????

:laugh:

Haha!! You guys are BAD!!!!! ok, maybe.... MAYBE I'll post a picture of it when I get home tonight. I don't know, it's kindof lude! Keep in mind he took the offer off the table when he met my husband later. Even though I said Dayne was a great sous chef! :laugh:

Bad, bad, eGulleters!! :shock:

I'm so envious... I wish I could have been there. I'm glad everyone had a great time and great food, and I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures!

I got to meet Tony, *swoon*, a couple of years agoooo at another eG thingy (we just drank, no food), and it would have been great to see him again and meet the ones I haven't met yet.

SeaGuy and I had a great time, enjoyed the food and chatting with all the eGulleters that showed up. Sounds like things heated up after we left, what with kisses and thighs etc :raz:

Thanks to all the organizers and to Tony for being so generous with his time spent at our table.

Jan

Jan

Seattle, WA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."

--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

As promised here are some pictures from last night.  I've posted them to an album.  Bourdain at Brasa

Uhhhh, what exactly does that shirt that Margaret is holding up say!?!?! :laugh:

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

As promised here are some pictures from last night.  I've posted them to an album.  Bourdain at Brasa

Rocky

P.S.  If anyone would like prints just let me know, I can do 4X6, 5X7, 8X10, and hi-res files.  rocky

Those are great!!! ok, you showed yours, I'll show mine!!!

gallery_16100_277_1100059524.jpg

:blush::shock::cool:

Thanks everyone for the pics and descrips of the Bourdain event! I couldn't be there, but sent my mom and my aunt and they loved it. Just to make you jealous, they also scored hugs AND kisses! (Is that guy a flirt or what?!)

Chris

Those are great!!! ok, you showed yours, I'll show mine!!!

:blush:  :shock:  :cool:

So you're going to hang that over your bed, right? :laugh:

Drink!