• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lobster, lobster and Lobster

chefvinod

I was driving to work this morning and put on NPR and Diane Rehm had an author

discussing all you wanted to know about Lobster. It was really very interesting and fascinating ! I believe the name of the book is "The Secret life of Lobster".

Talking about lobsters which are the restaurants serving lobster in town ? Any recommendations.

Also some of the chefs in the forum may want to recommend a good purveyor.

Many thanks

Vinod

As for purveyors, there's a new store in Bethesda on Rugby Ave called "Just Lobsters" (next door to "Just Cakes"). And it is just lobsters-- basically the store is a huge tank and a counter. Anyone been?

Edit: Wrong street!

Edited by cjsadler (log)

Chris Sadler

As for purveyors, there's a new store in Bethesda on Auburn Ave called "Just Lobsters" (next door to "Just Cakes"). And it is just lobsters-- basically the store is a huge tank and a counter. Anyone been?

Here's the website. I'm GOING.

Just Lobsters

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

I was driving to work this morning and put on NPR and Diane Rehm had an author

discussing all you wanted to know about Lobster. It was really very interesting and fascinating ! I believe the name of the book is "The Secret life of Lobster". 

Talking about lobsters which are the restaurants serving lobster in town ? Any recommendations.

Also some of the chefs in the forum may want to recommend a good purveyor.

Many thanks

Vinod

A great purveyor of lobster and specialty fish:

http://www.browne-trading.com/

Mark

As I noted in an earlier post, Bucks Fishing and Camping recently served an outstanding grilled lobster. I can still taste it--delicious! That said, I find lobster only tastes perfect eaten at an outdoor setting on the coast of Maine. :biggrin:

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes

Is Market Inn worth going to? I believe they have lobsters. I've never been.

Never been there for dinner, but they have a fun jazz brunch. Don't expect good service, but it's a trip back in time.

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Hi chefvinod, and welcome to the forum.

(I was a gnat's eyelash from having lunch at Bombay Bistro yesterday, but traffic diverted me toward Woodlands).

Besides, with the giant prawns you serve at Indique, why are you even worried about lobster?

But if you are, a certain sommelier has informed me that Citronelle is serving a new lobster dish: a whole tail, slow-roasted, with a gratin of knuckle and claw meat, and a lemon verbena sauce. I haven't had it, but you just know it's gonna be good.

Cheers!

Rocks.

The wineaux's right. The lobster duo at the modest French place on M St. is fan-freaking-tastic. And if you start with the foie gras three ways, they actually get together to put on a special la savate exhibition in your stomach.

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.