• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spaghetti Warehouse - Syracuse ?

SueWho321

• 2 weeks later...
pasta for the masses.

And not particularly good pasta at that. It's about on a par with Olive Garden but cheaper (yes cheaper) and kind of mediocre. That said, it's a huge fun space in an old warehouse building with some nifty things that kids like, e.g. a real train/subway car in the center of the main room with tables and chairs in to to eat at. You can generally expect overcooked pasta and mostly iceberg lettuce in the salad but they must be doing something right they're still there after many years in business. There is much better spaghetti and other red sauce dishes in Syracuse for about $2 more per dinner but with a more traditional and more subdued atmosphere (they do 1200 covers on a busy weekend night - that is not a typo).

In support of what Mongo said - let's add any place with the word "Olde" in the name to that list of must avoids.

I do not know about the one in Syracuse, but the one here is packed all the time. I have never met anyone who would admit to going there, but someone does. It is located in an old warehouse district and basically that is all there is. I do admit to going once and being very dissappointed. My reaction was I could do better at Carrabba's down by the mall.

And it is packed, even on a Saturday afternoon, the parking lot will be full. On a Tuesday evening, the parking lot will be full. I find it puzzling. Oh well. what do I know about food for the masses.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!