• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: Abra - I take food personally!

Abra

[applauds wildly] Huzzah! Brava! Well done. A lovely week of food. Thank you for sharing your kitchen and table with us.

BTW, the chili sauce is nam prik pow, and I can almost eat it straight outta the jar I like it so much. You can read more about it here. (The owner of this website is a Thai woman who lives in the Bay Area, has written several cookbooks, and teaches Thai cooking classes in her home several times a year -- and I was lucky enough to take one.)

"I just hate health food"--Julia Child

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

You can read more about it here. (The owner of this website is a Thai woman who lives in the Bay Area, has written several cookbooks, and teaches Thai cooking classes in her home several times a year -- and I was lucky enough to take one.)

Getting totally off-topic:

Kasma (the owner of the site that JGarner links to) is an amazing teacher. I'd highly recommend her to any of you interested in learning more about Thai cooking. I took 3 of her series when I lived in San Fran. Cam and I are going to Thailand with her on a culinary tour in December '05.

Thanks, Abra, for a great blog. :smile:

~Anita

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Oh, thank you JGarner - I actually do sometimes eat that chili sauce with a spoon. I think it's an irresistable combination of flavors, and I'm so glad to know what to call it! It's the secret ingredient in the most amazing Thai lemongrass soup I've ever had.

Wow, a Thai culinary tour led by a real expert sounds really fun!

Thank you, Abra for an amazing, beautiful blog. I was out of town until today, so got to read the whole thing all at once. What a treat!

Jan

Jan

Seattle, WA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."

--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - a wonderful blog. I got tired at times just reading about how much you accomplish on one day! I am, of course, kicking myself for not having made it out to Bainbridge Island when I visited Seattle in July but I'll leave more open time in my schedule on the next visit (hopefully in January).