• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Luvfest

Man, a girl goes on a little vacation (to get engaged to another Egulleteer, btw!), and look what she misses.... :biggrin:

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do we get to toast you at the kitchen?

All the best wishes!!!

Curious tidbit: read in an etiquette book a few years ago that a proper response to announcement of engagement is "congratulations" to the man and "good luck" to the woman. To underscore the fact that man applies and woman takes a risk and therefore needs luck :))) Funny, no? Congratulations, Liam, good luck, Sara!

Resident Twizzlebum

You guys didn't meet on eG, did ya?

I wonder how long it will be until 2 people find themselves on this site and get married.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Thanks everyone. :biggrin:

Liam and I have really enjoyed spending time on this DC board.

No, we didn't initially meet here, but he joined the board because of me, years before we got together, and that provided a common link that eventually helped start our relationship. And I understand Liam may have done a little Egullet-dating prior to 'us.' :raz:

We'll be participating a bit longer, but during this fall we'll both be relocating to Madison WI-- home of custard, burgers, and cheese. MMMmmm..

We'll miss all y'all.

Edited by sara (log)

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes

Curious tidbit: read in an etiquette book a few years ago that a proper response to announcement of engagement is "congratulations" to the man and "good luck" to the woman. To underscore the fact that man applies and woman takes a risk and therefore needs luck :)))

C'mon now ... I need luck too! :raz:

But seriously, thanks for the best wishes everyone. While eGullet may not have been responsible for the relationship, it certainly brought us together around a love we commonly share: food and wine. And it's no surprise that on the evening of the day I proposed we were having dinner at Hugo's in Portland, Maine. Yum.

Although Sara is being shipped off to Madison later this month, I'll be around the DC area for the next couple/several months until I nail down employment in Wisconsin.

Liam

Eat it, eat it

If it's gettin' cold, reheat it

Have a big dinner, have a light snack

If you don't like it, you can't send it back

Just eat it -- Weird Al Yankovic

You guys didn't meet on eG, did ya?

I wonder how long it will be until 2 people find themselves on this site and get married.

Be careful....his next question is to ask you to put your wedding registry on an egullet sponsored link :wink:

Congratulations both. Hope to meet you if I ever get to one of these local get togethers.