• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I need help....where is PFI?

I know this is gonna seem stupid...but i looked up Pacific Food Importers online...and got their address.

Last week...i went over there and it was just a wherehouse...locked up tight as a tomb.

I MUST have the wrong place.

SO....where is it then?

I thought i was going to the right place...but i guess not.

I really want to check it out.

Thanks

It is genuinely hard to find, even when you're looking right at it. And it is sort of a warehouse setting, so you might have had it right. Wesza took a bunch of us there after a Salumi lunch, or else I'd never have found it at all. And I wasn't driving, so unfortunately I can't give you any better directions than you got from Mapquest. Just wanted to tell you you're not alone!

It sounds as though you were at the right place: the trick is that the entrance is all the way at the back (i.e. the far end from the street) of the parking lot!

You'll know that you're in the right parking lot by seeing the thin and tall sign indicating

Big John's

P

F

I

on the N. side of the lot. It's not a particularly big or noticeable sign...

They're on 6th S, just below Airport Way (sort of in behind the Immigration building)...and it's not impossible to miss the turn...

o, and they're closed on Sundays and Mondays.

Good Luck, and Happy Shopping!

cg

"...plant a tree for Cesar"

--M.F.K. Fisher

We found that the easiest way to get there is to up Royal Bougham from the water front, turn left on 6th and then take the last left before getting to Airport Way. Go to the end of the building and the parking is on the left right next to the steps going into the building. They are actually in Suite B of the address.

If you haven't found their website it is http://www.pacificfoodimporters.com . Hope this helps. The first time it took us forever to find it by coming down 6th Ave from the ferry area as 6th seems to disappear. Kay

I just looked at the website...and the address is different from the one i got on yahoo. the one on yahoo says they are on airport way....and even the phone number is different. I went to that place on airport way.....and it was locked up tighter than a tomb. Is it possible that there is more than one PFI ?

ANyway...I wil find it now that i have the correct address. I have no idea what that other place was...maybe it was just a warehouse. I did drive around the entire thing though and there was ABSOLUTELY NO activity at all. But yet..there was a sign outside that said Pacific Food Importers.

Go figure.....

Well.... thanks for the help all.... i do look forward to going soon as i can.

AHHH! All becomes clear...

You went to PFI the _wholesaler_, not the retail store. So, you were about 6 blocks too far south!

Best of luck in your next sally. If you hit Uwajimaya, you've gone too far North...

cg

"...plant a tree for Cesar"

--M.F.K. Fisher

OOOOOhhhhh..... I see then there WAS another building..

Now i feel like an idoit.....i should have continued to look for it.

Well.... Thanks for clearing that up for me...and as long as i am in the neighborhood...I'm gonna hit Uwaj. as well.

Hope i don't get lost again trying to find THAT!

Thanks for the help.