• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants near McCaw Hall?

I've only been to the one in Bellevue, but I looove Meditteranean Kitchen and there is one in Queen Anne on 3rd and Roy that is very close to McCaw Hall. The entrees are wonderfully spiced. However, since you are going to an event after dinner you would have to not be afraid of smelling like garlic afterwards :\.

Kaspar's is about five blocks from McCaw. C'mon, the walk will do you good!

Also, I'd very much prefer my fellow opera lovers smell like garlic than like the lady who used to sit next to me, who insists on dousing herself with what must be an entire bottle of perfume! We changed our seats this season to get away from her, but it's all-too-common.

Are you going to see Lohengrin? Oh, boy, are you in for a treat! You'll want to take the swan home with you!

K

Kaspar's is about five blocks from McCaw. C'mon, the walk will do you good!

Also, I'd very much prefer my fellow opera lovers smell like garlic than like the lady who used to sit next to me, who insists on dousing herself with what must be an entire bottle of perfume! We changed our seats this season to get away from her, but it's all-too-common.

Are you going to see Lohengrin? Oh, boy, are you in for a treat! You'll want to take the swan home with you!

K

Yes, we saw Lohengrin! First time at McCaw Hall.

Based on another recommendation, we tried Perche No. The food was fine, not great, but fine. The owners work very hard at customer service and obviously have a loyal following. Also, 100% non-smoking, a very big plus for us.

Our last time at Kaspars was quite disappointing so it is off our list. Will try some of the others suggested here for our next opera event.