• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jamaican take-out

epicurious

Sorry, I haven't found any patties I'm crazy about here in Montreal, but it does remind me of the Lobster patties I practially lived on when I lived on Grand Cayman Island. Yum. Those and conch stew. And Jamaican blackened grouper. Man, I can practically smell it all now! Anyone ever see lobster patties here? I remember the patties (all types) being spicier (not just hotter, but that too) than the ones I usually find here, which seem more like they're stuffed with a pretty bland standard hamburger-based filling. I guess part of it is that most places don't make them very fresh, and so they're pretty limp and blah by the time you get to them.

Paul