• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cajun Microwaving

I posted this stuff over in the cooking forum, as that is probably where it should go for the miximum number of readers. Go have a look. These things are becomeing the "big deal" for tailgating. Think about it:

"Hey Boudreaux! We're having crawfish and burgers at the tailgate on Saturday."

Comeux replies to Boudreaux in a smirking manner, " Biiiiiiiiig deal, Bubba. We're cooking a hog! Chicks dig it! Nobody boils crawfish at tailgates anymore. Get with it, boy!"

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

I want a first hand lesson--SERIOUSLY! Next time you let me know, I will be there!! I'll contibute money, food, wine, whatever. Just give me a 12 hour heads up.

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys

• 4 weeks later...

Bobby Flay was cooking in one on TV last weekend. Some Cubans that live in Miami made it, the guy also sells them. I forget the name--it was spanish for "the Chinese Box", because his dad had seen chinese people using it to cook pork in Cuba, when they were imported in to do the rail roads.

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys

I'm going to have to sue if Bobby doesn't cease and desist on his personal drive to copy everything I do. The guys got a nerve, I tell you. He should get a life, that guy. :wink:

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...