• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

DC & DelMarVa Boys' Club

mnebergall

After all, the local restaurant scene thrives on competition.

I dare you all to have as much fun as the ladies do...and then to come report about it afterwards. :biggrin:

I dare you all to have as much fun as the ladies do...and then to come report about it afterwards. :biggrin:

That sounds like a challange!! Oh...it was a challange? Fine then, it's on!

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

We're going to have so much fun it would be illegal to report about it afterwards.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

We're going to have so much fun it would be illegal to report about it afterwards.

How do we know it's really you and not Mrs. Busboy? The "Club" needs a secret handshake.

How do we know it's really you and not Mrs. Busboy? The "Club" needs a secret handshake.

My responses are always loaded with typographica erors.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Mad Hatter, you say? I notice, again, that the preliminary meeting venue just happens to be cheek by, um, jowl with some of DC's other fine "mens' clubs." Not that there's anything wrong with that...

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.

Not to rain on your choice of venue, but you do know the common moniker for the trinity of Mad Hatter, Rumors and Sign of the Whale, do you not? The H Triangle?

Resident Twizzlebum

Not to rain on your choice of venue, but you do know the common moniker for the trinity of Mad Hatter, Rumors and Sign of the Whale, do you not? The H Triangle?

I have never heard it called that before. What is the origin?

"H"? I'm being dense today. Can I get more clues?

For the record, I haven't been to any of those joints in a long long time. Aren't they all kinda frat-boy-backwards-baseball-cap type places?

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Hm, yeah I'll buy that.

Now, there's nothing wrong with getting together with the guys for a drink at a dive (Or as close to a dive as we probably get in downtown). In fact, in light of the last three days, I'm all for it! But eventually we're going to have to have a food and drink tour to rival or exceed that of the girls'.

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog