• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet Outing at Colorado Kitchen

babka

I am checking with CK and will let you all know if it is 7 or 7:30.

I'll have Rocks adjust the thread title and calander announcement with the right time.

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

So is Firefly the appointed spot for the softening up process after all, and what time are the clans going to gather?

That'll be good. I've been trying to get there forever, and to be honest I'm a little shakey on how to get over there. Would be nice to have a group to follow.

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

I appreciate those directions (I forget who posted them). I tried to drive to the area today (per mapquest) and got, well, lost.

Where is Firefly? I don't have a DC phone book handy to find the address and I don't drive in DC a lot.

Thanks.

Just heard from CK and they are starting at 7. Hopefully Rocks will change the heading soon :wink:

As for parking, it sounds like there is just street parking. Remember folks, this isn't Cleveland Park. You will be east of the park, as they say.

Here is the final list:

Al_Dente + 1

babka +1

bbq4me

busboy & mrs busboy

Chef Shogun

edemuth +3

gnatharobed + 1

giuinha

hjshorter

iamthestretch

klc14

laniloa

littlechinagirl +1

MCJB2 +1

mdt

mnegerball

Nadya

otello + 2

rhodegirl + 1

rosebud +1

tailfins

tweaked

We have a number of new people so I expect you old timers to be on your best behavior. For the first half hour anyway.

I look forward to finally putting names with faces.

Thanks for checking on the time.  :smile: 

Anyone think name tags are a good idea?  I for one am terrible with names.

Assuming I am awake to remember I am going to bring a list of people's handles and real names.

Otherwise, if you want name tags someone else should bring them.

If anyone needs a ride from Dupont Circle to CK, I am driving and can take three more people; four if they are skinny and like each other. I probably won't have time to stop by Firefly, but I can pick y'all up outside this estimable establishment. Please PM me if you need a ride.

Resident Twizzlebum

Where is Firefly?  I don't have a DC phone book handy to find the address and I don't drive in DC a lot. 

Firefly is at 1310 New Hampshire Avenue, in the Hotel Madera--a couple

blocks SW of Dupont Circle, between Sunderland Street and N Street.

Chef Shogun (or anyone else), if you need help with directions feel free to PM me.

Edited by edemuth (log)
Erin

Where will we be meeting at Firefly and how will new people recognize the old folks?

Rosebud

The old folks will look, well, kind of old and the new folks will look, well, kind of young.

Why don't we try to congregate near the round table across from the back end of the bar.

Just found out that we have a last minute cancellation due to illness. If anyone wants to come send BABKA an email to let her know!

It's unlikely that I'll be able to make it by 7 sharp (my daily commute from Reston to DC takes an hour, on average, and I'll be stuck here until about 6). Is it ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE that I be there by 7, or will this just be the start of the mingling half-hour?

I'll try my best to leave early, but 66 is always a nightmare, and all it takes is a couple drops of rain to grind it to a screeching halt...

I'll try my best to leave early, but 66 is always a nightmare, and all it takes is a couple drops of rain to grind it to a screeching halt...

the food starts moving at 7, but we'll be happy to see you into the mingling stage and beyond. so please feel free to arrive alive and late and not dead and early.