• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet Outing at Colorado Kitchen

babka

Thank you John. Those of us that decide on some fortification before whitening the doorway of CK appreciate it in advance.

:laugh:

Perhaps also we should all show up in our Caps and Gowns and someone can play Pomp and Circumstance as we walk in and get seated. You know, being over-educated and all. :wink:

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Thank you John.  Those of us that decide on some fortification before whitening the doorway of CK appreciate it in advance.

:laugh:

Perhaps also we should all show up in our Caps and Gowns and someone can play Pomp and Circumstance as we walk in and get seated. You know, being over-educated and all. :wink:

That would depend on the level of fortification.

hey ya'all, do me a favor, please?

The lines between good spirits, high spirits, parody and insulting ignorance can evaporate in an online forum, where your readers don't necessarily share your context or perspective, and I want to draw a line before we dive right over it.

please, please, please: This thread is for organizing an eG dinner in Colorado Kitchen on September 7th at 7:30. If you want to continue references and in-jokes vis a vis daSto, do so there (and even there, please be mindful of avoiding individual attacks!)

thanks!

hey ya'all, do me a favor, please?

The lines between good spirits, high spirits, parody and insulting ignorance can evaporate in an online forum, where your readers don't necessarily share your context or perspective, and I want to draw a line before we dive right over it.

please, please, please: This thread is for organizing an eG dinner in Colorado Kitchen on September 7th at 7:30. If you want to continue references and in-jokes vis a vis daSto, do so there (and even there, please be mindful of avoiding individual attacks!)

thanks!

Good point. My comments are meant to be taken lightly. My one visit to Colorado Kitchen made me a fan of Chef and I have absolutely no issues with the name of her upcoming enterprise or with anything she's said.

I look forward to our dinner immensely.

I've been in a whacky good mood today-- I'm off for a week's vacation tomorrow in California. YEAH.

See you on the 7th,

Al

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Hillvalley,

I have just now been "admitted" to respond to EG's forums. My husband and I would love to join everyone at Colorado Kitchen. Please let me know if this is possible. I have some extra wine glasses in boxes (they are clean) I can bring.

Hillvalley,

I have just now been "admitted" to respond to EG's forums. My husband and I would love to join everyone at Colorado Kitchen. Please let me know if this is possible. I have some extra wine glasses in boxes (they are clean) I can bring.

Rosebud"

Welcome to eGullet. Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to meeting you at the CK event on the 7th.

hillvalley's out of town for the weekend and so she's

not reading her egullet. shhh....

Welcome Rosbud! and squids--not welcome, but welcome to the thread. there is still room, but I'm going to wait until she gets back and goes through whatever PMs ya'all have sent her to update the list.

not reading her egullet. shhh....

Welcome Rosbud! and squids--not welcome, but welcome to the thread. there is still room, but I'm going to wait until she gets back and goes through whatever PMs ya'all have sent her to update the list.

Thanks, babka. I was at a wedding in Country Club/Chain food hell for the weekend. I have not had a fresh vegetable in 3 days :angry: and am trying not to completely loose it :wacko:

A whole lot of you RSVP's while I was away so it may take me a day or two to contact you. We are getting close to our limit, so I am going to add people to the list in the order that you either a) posted a response or b) Pm'd me. Keep your eye on the thread for an updated list. I don't know if I have the energy to PM you all back right away, but I will do my best :smile:

Al, mnegerball, I've said it before, I'll say it again. Go start your own thread :raz:

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

Here is the latest list, including the maybes. Right now we are at capacity (I think) but there may be room as the maybes make their decision. Please check the list to make sure you are on there if you think you are coming. Let me know if I missed you. Also, those of you with maybe's, please let me know how many you will be as soon as possible.

Al_Dente + 1

babka +1

Bilrus + 1

busboy & mrs busboy

Chef Shogun

edemuth +3

eunny jang

gnatharobed + 1 [+1?]

hillvalley

iamthestretch

jpw

klc14

laniloa

littlechinagirl [+1?]

MCJB2 +1

mdt +1

monica + 1

mnegerball

Nadya

otello + 1

rhodegirl + 1

roger troutman

rosebud +1

silentbob

tailfins + 1

woodleygrrl

Edited to change the numbers, please reread the begining.

surprise guests [maybe]

Edited by hillvalley (log)

not reading her egullet.  shhh....

Welcome Rosbud!  and squids--not welcome, but welcome to the thread.  there is still room, but I'm going to wait until she gets back and goes through whatever PMs ya'all have sent her to update the list.

Thanks for letting me know, Babka. I won't be able to attend this time, as it looks like London is going to win out over Colorado. (Tough choice) If you don't mind, though, I'll take that welcome for myself as well since I somehow missed out on getting one of my own! :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing all about it upon my return, so don't forget the camera!

If you don't mind, though, I'll take that welcome for myself as well since I somehow missed out on getting one of my own!

ah no squids, you get your own--very sorry we missed you on the first go-round. (see what happens when you immediately settle in as one of the crew?) Welcome! and have a wonderful time in London!

Just wanted to let you know that there is officially a waiting list so all you maybes need to make a decision :wink:

Excellent, I'm glad you'll be able to make it. My sister will be jealous I get to see you two. I think we will have to rename J Dinerboy.

I'd like to have as many of the details worked out by Thursday as possibly. I will be away for a few days (thinking of you all while I sip drinks with umbrella in them on the beach) and then work starts up again 14 hours after I get back from Mexico.

So, if you wouldn't mind, please send me an email so I can send out payment and contact info. Just click on the email button on the bottom of this post. Busboy, I will not be accepting Euros, but you can barter with divers or rowers if need be.

CK has graciously offered glasses for our wine so we do not need to bring our own. The wines are still being figured out but if you have a request or suggestion feel free to post it.

I think that's all for now.

Al_Dente + 1

babka +1

Bilrus + 1

busboy & mrs busboy

Chef Shogun

edemuth +3

eunny jang

gnatharobed + 1

hillvalley

iamthestretch

jpw

klc14

laniloa

littlechinagirl +1

MCJB2 +1

mdt +1

monica + 1

mnegerball

Nadya

otello + 1

rhodegirl + 1

roger troutman

rosebud +1

silentbob

tailfins + 1

tweaked

woodleygrrl

Surprise Guests [+2?]

Edited to update list

After consulting with my co-organizer and forum host we have made a wine decision.

If you want wine, bring your own.

You can share with your neighbor or be greedy and keep it to yourself. If someone reminds me I can bring a few corkscrews.

This will make payment a lot easier and is one less thing for babka and I to deal with :smile:

Note: If you have over 20 posts ignore this. :rolleyes:

For the rest of you: instead of replying to numerous PM's (what ever happened to the CC function!!!!!) I am posting this here. Until you reach 20 posts you do not have complete access to all extras on the board. This apparently means you cannot email me.

So please send me a PM with your email.

Also, I have not sent out any information regarding payment and will not do so for another week or two.

giuinha, I will not know for another week if there is room but will let you know if there is.

I am heading off for about a week so please don't worry if you PM or email me (which is greatly preffered) and I don't respond. Feel free to post away here but don't expect a reply, from me anyway. babka will be around to answer any questions.

As far as payment goes, as I said before I am going to do it through PayPal. Since I am going away and we have 2 1/2 weeks I am not going to go into details right now. Plan on $40. If you don't have a Paypal account, go sign up for one. It is free, you can use your credit card and it will keep everything much simpler on my end.

I will send out a mass email to everyone who is coming late next week. I will not be posting payment information here because it is a public forum and I am a privacy nut. (One good internet stalking will do that to ya!)

A number of you have PM'd me saying that the email did not go through. Please let a forum host or site manager know (I don't know which and don't have the time to figure it out) if it is not working. It may be a problem on my end because of my ISP but I would like to be sure.

As of today email is the best way of getting in contact me. I won't be able to check in here while on vacation or once work begins.

To everyone who PM'd me today, unfortunately I don't have time to respond individually. I DO NOT need phone numbers or address. Just an email address. babka has mine if you need it. If you are on the list you are coming.

I think that is all. Sorry if this post sounded grumpy but I spent the last 8 hours getting beat up during a training I run and I still have to finish packing. I promise to be refreshed and happy when I return next week. :wink:

happy, sane, calm, sunshine-filled travels, hillvalley!!

two addendums to make life a little easier:

I'm here for another week yet, so PM me your queries and communication problems--I'll try to sort 'em out.

and if, for some reason, you really, really do not want to use PayPal, PM me--soon--about setting up an alternate arrangement.

very much looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Well you guys are in for a treat...just ate at CK last night for the first time. Yum!

Started with a bibb lettuce salad w/ golden raisin & hazelnut viniagrette; very simple but hit the spot! Then I had the monkfish stuffed with crab, with creamed corn & tomatoes and husband had the pork chop with mushrooms. WOW! The mushroom sauce was amazing. Everything was flavorful & satisfying. Finished off with strawberry shortcake. This was my only (slight) letdown of the night, as it was basically a big biscuit with chopped fresh strawberries and whipped cream; the biscuit was a little dry like it had been sitting out for a while so the whole thing was tasty but dry since there wasn't any type of sauce.

We got seated right away but by 8:45 the place was packed with a line out the door. Loved the atmosphere (fun & casual) and the food was amazing. Bonus was the totally reasonable price tag -- we will definitely be back.

"What, after all, is more seductive than the prospect of sinning in libraries?"

Michael Dirda, An Open Book

Here is the newest list. giuinha and ledervin you are in!

Al_Dente + 1

babka +1

Bilrus + 1

busboy & mrs busboy

Chef Shogun

creaton

edemuth +3

eunny jang

gnatharobed + 1

giuinha

hillvalley

iamthestretch

klc14

laniloa

ledervin

littlechinagirl +1

MCJB2 +1

mdt

monica + 1

mnegerball

Nadya

otello + 1

rhodegirl + 1

roger troutman

rosebud +1

silentbob

tailfins + 1

tweaked

woodleygrrl

Surprise guest #2 probably has to work and I am not sure if surprise guest #1 will be around so there may be room for one or two more. Please let me know if you are interested.

I hope to have the payment details worked out by this weekend. I am having some Paypal issues I have to figure out and my damn job keeps getting in the way of working it through.

Yep! Due to Peanut's immenent arrival JPW won't be able to join us.