• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet Outing at Colorado Kitchen

babka

I'm in for 2.

Given all the hoopla about Gillian vs eGullet, it would be cool if we could get some of the eGullet big shots to come from out of town for this one, wouldn't it?

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

We are going to ask for some form of prepayment before the event.

CK is opening just for us and it would not be fair to them for people to be no shows. The fine details are still in discussion but if you have any suggestions feel free to PM me.

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

Here's a thought...check with Gillian to see if it's OK, but it would be great publicity for CK and Egullet for a WP reporter (Mark Fisher?) to be invited to cover the event. Something along the lines of "Good food crosses all barriers".

Given all the hoopla about Gillian vs eGullet, it would be cool if we could get some of the eGullet big shots to come from out of town for this one, wouldn't it?

Aren't we all eGullet big shots? :wink:

Unfortunately, the 7th is out of the question so we're out. :sad:

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

With Peanut due to leave the shell on Sept 18, it's very difficult for me to commit to ANYTHING right now. Could possibly do the 7th, but the 21st would be virtually guaranteed to be a no go.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

With Peanut due to leave the shell on Sept 18, it's very difficult for me to commit to ANYTHING right now. Could possibly do the 7th, but the 21st would be virtually guaranteed to be a no go.

you're rejecting us, your virtual and imaginary friends, for a peanut that you can't even eat???

I'm also for the 7th, if only on the principle of: "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Because, if you really like it, then you can do it again tomorrow."

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.

My esteemed co-organizer and I have conferred and decided to stick with the 7th.

Once again, but I am sure not for the last time, who is in?

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe