• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet Outing at Colorado Kitchen

babka

I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't been there yet, but it sounds like the Chef's food is as scrumptious as her stories....and she did offer deviled eggs to Morela.

so who's up for an eG outing to the kitchen?

I suspect this would need to be an outing of 8-or-less unless it's right at 5 PM, as the layout of this restaurant may not be accomodating to a large crowd. Plus, an octopus only has 8 arms (you'll see what I mean when you watch Gillian inside the kitchen trying to do everything at once).

I heard from GM Robin about this. Both she and Batman would be willing to host a private party on one of the nights they're closed (Monday and Tuesday). That way, you can legally bring your own beer and wine, too. The things they'll need are:

1) Date and time (my guess is to keep the time on the early side)

2) Head count - for 20-30 (or more?) they'd bring in an extra server

3) Amount you want to spend (a fixed cost per person, all-inclusive of tax&tip would make this easier - please be sure to be fat on the tip as they'll be coming into work just for this)

4) Though she didn't mention this, I suspect it would help things immensely if you brought your own stemware for the wines that you'll be bringing.

5) Perhaps best to bring the same types of wines so Chef could organize a menu around them (though what doesn't go with a drop biscuit?

Any volunteers to organize? Babka? I can advise on the wines, so whoever is organizing can PM me behind the scenes about this.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Ms. Busbou and/or I would be very interested. Of course I'm out of the country until next month and I'm not sure she'sallowed to play with eGer's by herself any more, as they are a bad influence in her. :raz:

Once we get a firm date we'll rsvp for 1 or 2.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Rocks, you rock! a private dinner would be fantastic!! Tuesday night, so Nadya can come, and since they're coming in for us, we should have a good size for them. We could aim for Sept. 7, or 14 subject to confirming with the Colorado crew. (busboy--how much longer do we get to corrupt Mrs?)

price tbd--pm me for a suggestion, as I haven't eaten there before.

So far we have:

babka

hillvalley

bilrus + 1

chef shogun

nadya

otello

busboy

mrs busboy

Edited by babka (log)

Ms. Busbou and/or I would be very interested. Of course I'm out of the country until next month and I'm not sure she'sallowed to play with eGer's by herself any more, as they are a bad influence in her. :raz:

Once we get a firm date we'll rsvp for 1 or 2.

You no longer have much say in that matter, especially while you are out of the country :wink:

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

aim for Sept. 7, or 14 subject to confirming with the Colorado crew. (busboy--how much longer do we get to corrupt Mrs?)

She's your's until 9/2. But I suspect that once she hits stride with the DCeGGT (DC eG Girl's team) you'll find that, rather than corrupting her, things will go the other way around...when I met her I was a virgin and and a teetotaller.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

I am in for either date. Tomdc, you've got a ride if you need it.

As we plan this we need to discuss attendance so we do not end up short again. What do you all think?

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

As we plan this we need to discuss attendance so we do not end up short again. What do you all think?

I think this is critical if they are going to come in on their day off to make us a special meal.

Perhaps we need to get a cell phone number of the organizer (via PM) so that last minute dropouts can be filled from the sure to develop wait list? Another idea would be to pre-pay the base cost via credit card so that if someone drops off last minute and that spot is not filled from the wait list Chef Gillian and Robin do not bear the cost. If this is a hassle for them at CK, maybe we could set up a PayPal account so that one of us is responsible for getting the pre-pays????

Edited by laniloa (log)