• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Block Island

sarahoc

I'll be going to Block Island for a long weekend soon, and was hoping to find some tips on places to eat while there, mostly on the more casual and inexpensive side. I would be happy eating nothing but seafood, but my boyfriend is the type of vegetarian that lives on cheese sandwiches and pizza.

Sarahoc, you may want to check out Chowhounds.com. I searched for Block Island on their New England site and several posts came up. Someone on Fodors forum just asked a question about Block Island. You may want to check there as well. In my quick reading, I did see the restaurant Oar mentioned several times. Good luck!

Susan

Years ago, the best food I had on BI was at the Atlantic Inn. If it's still there and the menu looks simple and fresh, I'd give it another try.

--L. Rap

Blog and recipes at: Eating Away

Let the lamp affix its beam.

The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.

--Wallace Stevens

On main st. there is a restaurant named the Mohegan. They offer everything from steaks, fresh fish, and vegetarian items. The last time I went there I had a great veggie burrito. There is also a take out restaurant to the left when you get off the ferry in the Old Port that has falafel and veggie chili.

Melissa

Thanks for the tips everyone! We're actually staying at the Atlantic Inn so we'll probably eat there at least once, and Mohegan and the take out place seem like good options too.