• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Raccolta

Craig Camp

I only ask because the price seemed high compared to the $39.90 cdn we can buy the 2000 for here in Vancouver. It's unususal that anything wine wise is cheaper here due to our government distribution system. How would you compare this wine to the Segeretta Belguardo 2001, which I found very closed, even after 2 hours in the decanter.

Edited by Coop (log)

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

I only ask because the price seemed high compared to the $39.90 cdn we can buy the 2000 for here in Vancouver. It's unususal that anything wine wise is cheaper here due to our government distribution system. How would you compare this wine to the Segeretta Belguardo 2001, which I found very closed, even after 2 hours in the decanter.

The Campaccio is more open. Campaccio always seems ready to drink.

The prices I quote are a high average of what I see the wines being sold for and you can most likely find them at lower prices. Sometimes much lower at discounters.

We opened a bottle of the 2000 on Saturday. It was closed and had a very strange nose for about a half hour after decanting. Then it opend up into the beautiful wine I expected, very forward with plummy sangioviese fruit. perfectly balanced with a very nice finish. More sangioviese then cabernet in the mouth and on the nose.

I compare it to the Segerretta Belguardo 2001 because in our market the prices are comparable. Very much nicer (the Campaccio) for immediate drinking.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/