• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Now: the salad dressing personality quiz ..

Quiz is here .. of course...

Why not? :rolleyes: You already took:

the condiment quiz, which was a big hit! :biggrin:

and the carb quiz from CNN, a real disaster everyone hated with a passion! :angry:

the which Food Network personality are you most like? everyone really went for that one! :laugh:

so now there is the very short, probably not too revealing "Salad Dressing Quiz" ...

go for it .. seven short questions and each one will reveal something as you click on an answer ...

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Blue Cheese fans are among the wittiest of salad dressing users - or at least they think they are! They are most likely to be middle-aged and male. Although they do have concerns about exercise and healthful eating, they usually do not participate in a regular fitness regimen and tend to favor leisure activities such as reading and watching television. Like Italian dressing lovers, people who favor Blue Cheese are also adventurous eaters.

How apropos! Think "expense account steakhouse".

But wait -- I'm a Scorpio, but not a dipper! This is pseudoscience!!!!1!!@!

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth

Hey, I never promised you a rosegarden, fella! :blink:

But for free? Take it and dig into the deepest recesses of your pyche .. told you it was a thrifty ersatz personality quiz ... :laugh:

"Scorpios are more likely to engage in dipping than the average person. And, after Ranch dressing, Scorpios prefer Italian. Scorpios are most likely to be younger women and have children. They are team players and tend to be highly educated, have higher incomes and be Internet savvy."

Hmmmmm, not bad! Tho' I'm not a dipper, and ranch dressing really isn't my bag, I DO like Italian..MEN! Also, I lead allll my teams to stupendous victories using my as yet unequalled scholastics and treat them all to lobster dinners with my fortune gained through my greatest invention, the internet, of course!!! :raz:

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

Blue Cheese fans are among the wittiest of salad dressing users - or at least they think they are! They are most likely to be middle-aged and male. Although they do have concerns about exercise and healthful eating, they usually do not participate in a regular fitness regimen and tend to favor leisure activities such as reading and watching television. Like Italian dressing lovers, people who favor Blue Cheese are also adventurous eaters.

How apropos! Think "expense account steakhouse".

With the exception of the middle aged male part, this isn't too far off the mark.

It read like an advertisement though, which was annyoing.

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

Hmmmmm, not bad! Tho' I'm not a dipper, and ranch dressing really isn't my bag, I DO like Italian..MEN! Also, I lead allll my teams to stupendous victories using my as yet unequalled scholastics and treat them all to lobster dinners with my fortune gained through my greatest invention, the internet, of course!!! :raz:

Nice to know I'm not the only one up late drinking on a Thursday night!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth

It read like an advertisement though, which was annyoing.

It is an advertisement:

There are numerous salad dressing products on the market today and one is sure to tickle your taste buds! Try one today by experimenting with a new recipe! Click here for some ideas.

Michael aka "Pan"

Hmmmmm, not bad! Tho' I'm not a dipper, and ranch dressing really isn't my bag, I DO like Italian..MEN! Also, I lead allll my teams to stupendous victories using my as yet unequalled scholastics and treat them all to lobster dinners with my fortune gained through my greatest invention, the internet, of course!!!  :raz:

Nice to know I'm not the only one up late drinking on a Thursday night!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Indeed, you're not alone! And what fun, taking deliciously pointless quizzes. Gimmie a quiz (and a Widmer) over a sitcom or boring conversation (slow, agonizing death) any night!! :laugh:

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

damn are we all scorpios?

Nope, I'm a Libra but when I took the quiz and clicked on Libra, all my 'Libra' information flashed on for a split second then Scorpio popped up instead.

Just like a Scorpio...those little claws reaching out and getting the attention... :wink:

I dunno though. Don't you think they need to expand their choices to include Annies Sesame Dressing and some others?

And don't you think they need to hire the eGullet crew here to be their consultants? :raz:

What good is a salad dressing quiz that doesn't include homemade vinaigrette?

And this:

People born under the sign of Cancer are most likely to enjoy Blue Cheese dressing and are usually dippers, which means you'll often see them dipping their salad into salad dressing that they order "on the side." They tend to eat whatever they want and not worry about the balance of their diet. Cancers either thrive on intense competition or are very stressed out by it and those who enjoy competition usually hold jobs in sales.

Wrong on almost every count. I'm intensely competitive – with myself.

Sales? Bzzzzzzt. Tried sales once and was miserable with and at it. I'm just not aggressive enough. Sample exchange:

ME: Wanna buy this?

TARGET: No.

ME: Okay.

Dirty secret: I :wub: ranch dressing. I don't keep it in the house, only order it in restaurants of a certain ilk. But twice while staying with friends & being begged to make my vinaigrette every night, I myself couldn't get enough of that Hidden Valley Ranch in the fridge. :blink:

I am being serious when I say that I think Ranch dressing tastes like vomit.

I took this quiz. I was blue cheese, a mixer, a Libra (which by the way is most likely to be a mixer, and most likely to feel guilty about food choice).

I don't really eat many salads. I should eat more of them.

Noise is music. All else is food.

I'm a Gemini, and the description given is eeirly close to my personality. I do like several different dressings, but all are homemade. I only eat one of the choices offered if there are no other choices!! I'm a topper, although I do mix a little, but not to the extent described.

Stop Family Violence

Capricorns like variety. Their love of variety makes them flexible and changeable and the life of the party. They're always trying new things and, therefore, tend to have a lot of different salad dressing flavors on hand at any given time. Visit the cupboard or fridge of your Capricorn friends if you want variety-they have at least four different salad dressings in there at any given time. Go on, look.

Ok, so that fits. :hmmm:

Freaky.

Capricorns like variety. Their love of variety makes them flexible and changeable and the life of the party. They're always trying new things and, therefore, tend to have a lot of different salad dressing flavors on hand at any given time. Visit the cupboard or fridge of your Capricorn friends if you want variety-they have at least four different salad dressings in there at any given time. Go on, look.

Ok, so that fits. :hmmm:

Freaky.

Well, that IS a bit strange. My only Capricorn friend has the widest variety of salad dressings in his 'fridge than any of my other friends. :cool:

Twin Peaks

Gemini salad tosser here. No glop on top for me. :laugh:

Do a variety of dressings of my design for the most part. Tonight was a rice vinegar with Garlic and Ginger. Not feeling to great so I need to spice to kill this cold.

Never trust a skinny chef

• 1 year later...

Because we are going into summer, I wanted to bump up the Salad dressing personality quiz for our newer members .. but basically, it hasn't changed much since 2004, when it first appeared here ... enjoy this delightful quiz! :biggrin:

What is especially appealing? Your personal answers will pop up short discussions based upon surveys of salad eaters .. very interesting! :wink:

So that's why I sing in the PGMC: Because I'm a blue cheese-loving, mixing Libra who loves barbecue sauce most of all! I never would have figured that out if I hadn't taken this quiz. But I too am waiting for that hefty income that would allow me to buy the condo of my dreams. Until then, I guess I'll remain a renter.

Despite the obviously promotional nature of this quiz, I must say that I agree with one of the organization's premises: there are few easier ways to have something tasty and feel virtuous at the same time than eating a good salad. I usually eschew blue cheese dressing in favor of another variety to bump up the virtue quotient a bit, especially when I've already lowered it by liberally topping my salad with grated cheese.

Edited by MarketStEl (log)

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

Well, I'll delurk here for a minute to confess to being - a 1,000 Island loving, mixing, Leo, which I guess just makes me a social manager who likes to take risks. :cool:

But seriously, I really am a semi practicing astrologer (meaning I don't make my entire living from astrology but when I do a consultation I do get paid, and paid well, for it). And over the years I've kind of developed a little concept called Astro*Food - where food and astrology meet for a tasty trip around the zodiac. You can't really determine eating habits or preferences by Sun sign, but you can get an idea from the Moon sign, but most people don't really know their Moon signs. I've just started working on the Astrology of Mixology; the research is quite entertaining............... :laugh:

Edited by kalypso (log)