• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cruzan coming to Canada

Ed Hamilton

I just got the news that Cruzan is coming to Canada and the PR company is going to do somethings in Toronto and Halifax. More as this develops. I understand that Single Barrel and others are on their way north.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Cruzan is already on the shelves in Ontario.

two flavoured rums (rum liqueurs) , coconut and vanilla, have been around for a while.

New (within the past 2 months) is the Cruzan Single Barrel Estate (available on a limited basis).

cruzan estate diamond (and single barrel) is available in Manitoba

I'm looking forward to giving the Cruzan vanilla rum a try in the near future.

Edited to add: Alberta, our only quasi-deregulated province, has stores that have carried most of the Cruzan line for years...at lower prices... go figure :hmmm:

Edited by J_Ozzy (log)

From the little information I have, Cruzan Single-Barrel will be highlighted in the new promotion, and hopefully more of the Cruzan family of rums will get recognized in other provinces.

I'm never surprised that when the government takes a step back from the table and deregulates liquor sales, prices move a little lower and find a more realistic level.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.