• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Icon Burger

Clearly, you're implying that Icon Burger only received a nice review from the Yellow Scene because we advertised with them. Wrong! Never have! Nor have I advertised in 5280 Magazine, which also gave us a nice write up. I also haven't placed an ad in the Rocky Mountain News, which picked Icon Burger as the food critics choice of the week in the Spotlight Magazine section. Haven't advertised in the Lafayette/Louisville News, the Boulder Daily Camera, or the Boulder County Business Report (the writer has been back numerous times since the article). So Chezhoff, you're entitled to your opinion of my restaurant, but don't assume that "legitimate" food critics and/or reporters only give good reviews of Icon Burger because I'm paying for it through advertising. That's bogus!

I don't frequent this forum, and haven't responded to numerous false statements (McDonald's using only muscle tissue in their beef patties?! PLEASE!) made by some of the members, but when a member tries to blemish an honest food review that I'm proud of, simply based on the fact that the review wasn't in line with their own opinion, you'll definitely hear from me.

Chezhoff or any other member of this forum is welcome to come in to Icon and talk face to face with me about the burger business or the restaurant business in general. But be prepared, you might get a little more than you bargained for. Though the food is very important, there are many additional factors that go into a successful restaurant. More than most "novice" critics will ever realize.