• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sunday night dinner w/a vegetarian

hillvalley

I am taking a friend out for dinner Sunday and just found out that a vegetarian is joining us. Our original plan was Buck's but apparently the Vegetarian doesn't like the menu (it sounds like there are not many veggie choices).

So where do I go? Cleveland Park area is best, price point similar to Buck's and there will be 6 of us.

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

How about Straits of Malaya or something?

I'm a fan of Spices too, but stay away from their curries...

Ginger salad is one of my favorite things on a hot day! Wafu salad too...

Is the person a Fishetarian or

Vegetarian?

Edited by morela (log)

Doesn't Yanyu have a vegetarian menu? If they don't, Indique surely does.

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

Bardeo (I'm starting to sound like a broken record) would probably be a good choice as you can compose a meal of small plates as you wish. My own vegetarian friend is a fan of their panini (usually two of the three are meatless).

Indique and Spices are also good choices. I'd probably skip Alero (very casual Mexican; lots and lots of meat).

Yanyu treats vegetarians better than almost anybody else in town, with their vegetarian tasting menu as the centerpiece of a very veggie-friendly kitchen.

If all else fails, get Mr. Cheng's kung pao tofu take-out. :biggrin: