• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Summer's Sweet Rewards - Watermelon

beans

Okay, there haven't been too many Shaken and Stirred columns to post about. I believe that Mr. Hamilton took a holiday and has a bi-weekly deadline instead of last Winter's weekly columns. That and the last two I found a bit dull and not really about spirits.

This Sunday is different. :smile:

The other tack is to use watermelon. And it would appear, from speaking to its representatives on Wednesday, that the National Watermelon Promotion Board, a group based in Orlando, Fla., can't believe its luck.

There are now 10 cocktail recipes on the Web site (www.watermelon.org), and the people on the board have no issues with hard drinks interfering with an otherwise wholesome image.

William Hamilton's full article here.

I believe newish eG'er baccant036 posted something recently about the melon craze....

Here's the direct link to the watermelon drink recipes.

Cheers!