• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

7/31 Beer haul from State Line Liquors

LJDolan

I got bombers of all of the following from State Line Liquors in Elkton, MD:

Avery 11th Anniversary Ale - imperial IPA.

3 Floyd's Gumballhead - beer made with red wheat and loads of Amarillo hops

Dogfish Head Liquor de Malt

And from a new brewery for me, Cisco Brewing (Nantucket, MA):

Whale's Tale Pale Ale

Summer of Lager

Bailey's Ale

Moor Porter

Hey, Stateline!, you are in my neck of the woods. I live right across the line in Bear, DE.

I love that store, generally good prices, good selection. Is Liquor de Malt just MAlt Liqour? I thought Midas Touch was their high-gravity stuff.

Looks like a nice haul, report back how they turn out.

He don't mix meat and dairy,

He don't eat humble pie,

So sing a miserere

And hang the bastard high!

- Richard Wilbur and John LaTouche from Candide

Hey, Stateline!, you are in my neck of the woods. I live right across the line in Bear, DE.

Actually, I live in Northern Virginia. I'm just around the State Line area when I travel to Delaware to catch the East Coast Wrestling Association shows in Newark, DE.

Yes, DFH wanted to see how good of a malt liquor they could do. This one is bottled conditioned and is a great beer.

Midas Touch is pretty much a middle beer gravity-wise that DFH produces. Olde School barleywine, 120 Minute IPA, ImmortAle and World Wide Stout I know are higher. One or two others at least are probably higher than Midas Touch.

Oh, I definately forgot about the ImmortAle... That stuff will knock you back pretty hard, but it tastes darn fine doing so.

He don't mix meat and dairy,

He don't eat humble pie,

So sing a miserere

And hang the bastard high!

- Richard Wilbur and John LaTouche from Candide

Looks like a nice haul, report back how they turn out.

Sunday I had the Cisco Summer of Lager and the 3 Floyd's Gumballhad.

Summer of Lager: This seems to be a maerzen style beer and aged for the tradiontional length of time: However, it is brewed in the fall to be served during the summer. This was a good beer, but my favorite American maerzen is still Uncle Otto's Oktoberfest from Portland Brewing.

Gumballhead: This beer seems to be their version of the Wild Goose Spring Wheat, a hoppy American wheat. I liked it.