• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

You're meeting your lover for a secret rendezvous

LEdlund

I have this friend who seemed to always dates these really beautiful women.  His seduction modus operandi has always been: take them to lunch at McDonalds (where the girl actually had to pay her own meal) and back to his place for a quick tryst in front of the fireplace.  Most of my guy friends still couldn't figure out how he does it.

Who is actually reporting on his "actual success" with this thrift-based technique?? Him?? :laugh:

In which case, I am puzzled ... no, actually incredulous .. anyone interview these "quarter pounder" for roll in the hay women?? :shock:

Or maybe his "technique" overrides the entire lunch ... :laugh: drive around please ...

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

White Castles!

But doesn't the smell of those steaming onions act as an aphrodesiac to you, Jason? :laugh: and the weight of the bag full of White Castles make for an erotic turn-on??

:rolleyes: Ah, the finest food of my delightfully mis-spent youth! Nothing better at 2:30 a.m., shared with fellow drunkards!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

Am I the only one who finds fresh bread smeared with um...roasted garlic...sexy? :blink: Might be a little difficult to lug to a rendezvous, though.

I must also recommend Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut-type spreads. Not with the roasted garlic though. Afterward.

Good bourbon is sexy too. In fact, I recommend bringing a beautiful cocktail shaker, two chilled glasses (use an ice chest, do I have to think of EVERYTHING?) and the ingredients to an Aviation. A cabin in the mountains with a fabulous view is best for this... :wub:

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

how does that song go?

"I gave my love a cherry that had no stone..."

chocolate-covered (pitted) cherries?

I was actually leaning towards doing something with cherries, seeing as I have tons of them from my CSA basket.

I saw a recipe in Sunset magazine for chocolate waffles topped with marinated cherries and whipped mascarpone. Sounded romantic to me!

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

and the ingredients to an Aviation. A cabin in the mountains with a fabulous view is best for this... :wub:

Actually.... that very same combination recently worked magic for me and I wasn't even the one drinking the Aviation :laugh:

i meant food.

yes, but the two sometimes tend to overlap on a great rendezvous .... :laugh:

Absolutely. In fact, a rendezvous without food would rank WAY under a rendezvous with food, um, for me, anyways.

Champagne is a natural, chocolate, perfectly ripe fruit, this could be peaches, pears, mangos, avocados, tomatoes, when they are good, they are incredibly sensuous. Great bread, high fat butter and sea salt. Ice cream or sorbet. Anything you can feed each other. :raz: In fact, a really good caprese could work. Tomatoes drizzled with olive oil, sea salt, mozz, basil, some awesome bread and some olives.. I'm already in heaven. Things that are messy are not necessarily bad...

Born Free, Now Expensive

in that case bring fried chicken. it tastes great cold.

Indeed, sometimes more substantial food is required near the end of the rendezvous. :wink:

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

:wink: smart man.

Believe it or not -- "Jake" is a girl. :wink:

(A girl who knows fried chicken has its place, no less. :biggrin: )

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

gah! i had a feeling you would say that! i was hesitant to apply gender, but i bet and lost.

in that case - "smart woman!" to understand fried chickens place. i was jsut sitting her ethinking, if i'm on my way to an ilicit secret encounter, i'm gonna be thinking more about places to do the deed and not get caught, than places to seduce with fruit. (operating on the assumption that both me and my beau are broke/don't want a credit card bill)

how does that song go?

"I gave my love a cherry that had no stone..."

chocolate-covered (pitted) cherries?

A friend often offers up this toast....

Here's to the girl in the little red shoes:

She took all my money and drank all my booze.

She didn't have a cherry, but it was no sin;

She still had the box that her cherry came in.

OT, I guess, but you were talkin about cherries.

I thought you might be interested in hearing what everyone brought to book group last night. I hope by posting this it won't discourage people to continue to post - this has been fun to read everyone's ideas of "romantic" food.

As I suspected, we had a little bit of everything:

angel food cake topped with whipped cream and berries

potato chips and champagne (that one had an interesting story to go along with it)

chocolates and rose wine

figs wrapped in proscuitto

fried chicken (!) and potato salad

greek salad (from the accountant in the group - she said we need our vegetables too!)

chocolate cheesecake

caprese salad

brie and bread

cream puffs filled with whipped cream

Needless to say - all the basis were covered. I cracked up when I saw that someone had brought fried chicken!

Thanks for the fun responses

Lauren

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

rendez-vous' ain't for eating.

i'm with you. The sensual qualities of food have never had any relation to sexuality for me. Completely different appetites. In fact, the more intense the "rendez-vous", the more food becomes an afterthought. A luscious ripe mango makes me lust after another luscious ripe mango, followed perhaps by a nap.

"Tis no man. Tis a remorseless eating machine."

-Captain McAllister of The Frying Dutchmen, on Homer Simpson