• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

You're meeting your lover for a secret rendezvous

LEdlund

If anyone is interested in some further reading, I suggest Aphrodite, A Memoir of the Senses by Isabel Allende. It is a collection of essays about sex and food followed by recipes for aphrodisiac foods. :blush:

jeez, I thought I was happy being single at the moment.  After reading this thread, I am dying for a boyfriend!

Just remember to pick one up off of eGullet so you can make sure he'll have adequately prepared by reading this thread. :raz:

Anyone know an eGer who's single?

Bueller? Bueller?

Yes, Ben. I'm here. And single.

Edit to add: and I know CPR just in case I get there slightly too late.

Edited by jsolomon (log)

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

This is a great thread to find just a few days before wooing a new male :laugh: I'm cooking him dinner on Friday and I now have some brilliant and very sensual ideas. Thank you all. I'm thinking finger food that is runny and gooey and needs to umm...be cleaned off eachother :wub:

This is a great thread to find just a few days before wooing a new male  :laugh:  I'm cooking him dinner on Friday and I now have some brilliant and very sensual ideas.  Thank you all.  I'm thinking finger food that is runny and gooey and needs to umm...be cleaned off eachother  :wub:

Good luck! But, you may want to read my posts and disregard them.

I got dumped that night. :angry: 'sokay. Her e-mail address, phone number, and everything else have been shredded, forgotten, etc, etc.

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

If anyone is interested in some further reading, I suggest Aphrodite, A Memoir of the Senses by Isabel Allende.  It is a collection of essays about sex and food followed by recipes for aphrodisiac foods.  :blush:

heh! I've read this book, but its been awhile. Yes, I liked it!

Born Free, Now Expensive

Hathor: Dinner is tomorrow night and I'm going to have a cheese course for appies, Sockeye Salmon with some sort of Watercress sauce, various sides, and I don't know what they will be yet and Chocolate pecan pie for dessert. First one I've ever made too. Other than that, I'll let you all know.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll let you all know.

So... I hate to be the nosy one, but was your luck better than mine?

Funny, I was just thinking about updating this. I heard from him 3 days later, and then nothing. Absolutely nothing!! :angry: I am now under the impression that most men, when it comes to dating anyway, are assholes! :angry: I'm a little bitter! :wacko: I think I need to do some shredding tonight with a good bottle of wine. :raz: The food was really good though.

Funny, I was just thinking about updating this.  I heard from him 3 days later, and then nothing.  Absolutely nothing!!  :angry:  I am now under the impression that most men, when it comes to dating anyway, are assholes! :angry:  I'm a little bitter! :wacko: I think I need to do some shredding tonight with a good bottle of wine.  :raz: The food was really good though.

Clearly, he was not worthy! !!

jeez, I thought I was happy being single at the moment.  After reading this thread, I am dying for a boyfriend!

and i thought i was happy being married...now i want a boyfriend too

LOL... Love that!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

A couple of dozen oysters. He gets to open them for me and watch me slurp.

Some good bread and a few cheeses. I get to cut him little bites and pop them in his mouth.

Deviled eggs.

Butter tarts, all short and syrupy.

Two bottles of chenin blanc.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com