• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Favorite Sandwich

Daniel

I absolutely love Po Boy sandwiches - the Oyster Po Boys are the best! Fresh oysters dredged in cornmeal and fried until crispy on the outside and tender/juicy in the inside. These piled on a bed of lettuce, tomatoes and thinly-sliced onions in a baguette. Mustard and mayonaise dressing optional.

I love cheese-pimiento sandwiches too. Any good recipe out there for cheese-pimiento spread?

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

Grilled or roasted vegetables (must include ripe bellpeppers or onions for a bit of sweet), crispy crusty roll (toasted optional), feta cheese with kalamata olives chopped in as the spread. Eat at room temp or warmer.

Edited by Kouign Aman (log)

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

Ah! Another sandwich thread. There are two sandwiches I regularly order--the deep fried breaded pork tenderloin sandwich and the fried Walleye sandwich on a hoagie.

The breaded pork tenderloin sandwich that I made (and a better view of my avatar)...

HomeHangover.jpg

The fried Minnesota Walleye sandwich from the Pine Street Grille in Chaska, MN...

PineStreetGrillWalleye.jpg

I would not turn down a good pulled pork BBQ sandwich either.

Davydd

It is just an Anglicized Welsh spelling for David to celebrate my English/Welsh ancestry. The Welsh have no "v" in their alphabet or it would be spelled Dafydd.

I must warn you. My passion is the Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

Now blogging: Pork Tenderloin Sandwich Blog

• 3 weeks later...

A length of baguette, soft sweet butter on one half of the inside, dijon mustard on the other, thick slices of pate and cornichon in the middle: paradise in your hands. :wub:

Food, glorious food!

“Eat! Eat! May you be destroyed if you don’t eat! What sin have I committed that God should punish me with you! Eat! What will become of you if you don’t eat! Imp of darkness, may you sink 10 fathoms into the earth if you don’t eat! Eat!” (A. Kazin)

Stuffed French bread:

2lb browned ground chuck drained

1 lg onion diced

3 toes garlic pressed

1lg bell pepper diced

1/2lb mushrooms sliced

1 can Rotel tomatoes

salt n pepper to taste

cut top off a loaf of crusty Fench bread remove most of the inside of the bread to

make cavity, saute veggies with the drained beef, fill hollowed out loaf with the meat mixture replace top wrap in foil & bake @300deg for 30 min. slice & eat.

Sorry no pic's

My open-faced oyster po'boy sandwich (it was closed later to fit my hungry, salivating mouth)....

gallery_48583_3741_323091.jpg

On one side it had lettuce, deep-fried oysters and the other had tomatoes, red onions, pepperonci peppers and more lettuce. :wub:

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

Working at a restaurant one night, I asked one of the cooks to make me any kind of sandwich he liked. What resulted was a giant mound of thinly sliced rare prime rib on Texas toast with a chipotle mayo. Insanely good. Also (sorry, no pic) a pan-fried soft-shell crab BLT on toasted sourdough I made a few weeks ago.