• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bourdain Coming to Vancouver

Daddy-A

I won't be there. I will be back at the restaurant getting evverything ready for your arrival. I think that you all will be able to tell each other by the knowing smile and the fact that you know you are going to have a big dinner so you won't be rushing the canape tray. Or how about pinning a small sausage to your lapel. If that does not make you stand out !

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

Ok, someone is going to need to help out on this one, I'm laughing too hard :biggrin::biggrin:

I will be wearing chef whites with a drip of sauce from the short ribs down the front.

How about " casual comfortable ".

The Hamilton Street Grill has a " no tiara " policy that is strictly enforced.

No one wearing a sweater over their shoulders, looking like they just stepped out of a Ralph Lauren Frat boy photo shoot will be admitted either. You know who you are. :raz:

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

No one wearing a sweater over their shoulders, looking like they just stepped out of a Ralph Lauren Frat boy photo shoot will be admitted either. You know who you are. :raz:

Or at least try not to match the wood panelling at HSG!

A.

I believe I will go with the classic black dress and pearls.

Hope you remember to shave your legs.

...and back!

...and, if you're not going all out and shaving your armpits, at least braid them.

Edited by Mooshmouse (log)

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Glad the "dress" for the night has been cleared up. Sounds like a lot of queens are coming without their tiaras and all manscaping will be done. Only 3 more sleeps to go.

"One chocolate truffle is more satisfying than a dozen artificially flavored dessert cakes." Darra Goldstein, Gastronomica Journal, Spring 2005 Edition

What to wear, what to wear....

I talked with Neil tonight and I think this may help everyone decide on the proper attire for the evening, god knows I do not want anyone else to show up in a double flap, chef wear, cotton button ensemble, like I will be wearing!!! It is soooo embarrassing when that happens!

I hope this helps...

Most of the participants will and should be attired casual...

tn_gallery_8861_319_1099462249.jpg

Some will be coming from work and will be business casual...

tn_gallery_8861_319_1099462285.jpg

I have heard through the grapevine that at least one or two will choose more formal attire...

tn_gallery_8861_319_1099462337.jpg

My hope is our mascot will attend...

tn_gallery_8861_319_1099462364.jpg

Coop will be in attendance (I apologize in advance; please do not kick my ass!)...

tn_gallery_8861_319_1099462212.jpg

Jamie has always been a trend setter (far left)...

tn_gallery_8861_319_1099462389.jpg

And honestly, it does not matter what you wear....all that matter is that 'Big Brother aka Fat-Guy' has given you your eGullet decoder ring...

tn_gallery_8861_319_1099462313.jpg

Hope this helps...cannot wait to taste the food, sample the libations, support the charity and meet all the Vancouver eGulleters!

Chef/Owner/Teacher

There's nothing better than a party where an angry drag queen shows up drunk looking for some retribution.

Unfortunatley, Coop is neither a drag queen nor an angry drunk. I've got suspicions about some other attendees however...fingers crossed.

Edited by Keith Talent (log)