• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Girona Restaurants: Reviews & Recommendations

pedro

el bulli is saturday night

Ah, big difference :raz::laugh::smile: In that case I definitely suggest L'Esguard if you can get in. Other possibilities include Sant Pau, Can Fabes, Gaig, Sauc, and Hisop amongst others.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

• 3 weeks later...
When we tried to book Sant Pau for lunch on a Sunday in March we were told that the weekends were booked out until August  :sad:

Try Hispania (93.791.03.06 or 93.791.04.57) in Arenys de Mar, if not maybe L'esguard (93.792.77.67) in Llavaneres.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to make reservations in Barcelona and Girona. How early can we make dinner reservations? I know it chic to eat at 11:30 but I am an early to bed and early to rise girl. Also, other than Can Roca does any one have any other suggestions for Griona? Not as fancy -just good. Thanks.

Not Barcelona/Girona specific, but I do live in Spain, and the earliest you will be able to get a reservation is most likely 9pm.

Good luck!

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

Kitchen's usually close around 11:30-12:00, at least in Barcelona, so I don't think you could get a reservation at 11:30 even if you tried.

As Bergerka points out, the earliest is around 9:00, some places may do 8:30.

We''ve opened Pazzta 920, a fresh pasta stall in the Boqueria Market. follow the thread here.

My blog, the Adventures of A Silly Disciple.

I would suggest focusing on the mid-day meal as your big meal and staying light with tapas for example at supper. Not too far from Girona in Vic, Can Jubany, should provide an excellent and interesting meal.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz